exhaust tips opinions yall!

DrFishbone

SCCoA Member
alright, i'm redoing my exhaust this spring break and had been thinking about trying some kinda tips on my sc. my thoughts were to get some kind of "thin" tips that would fit through the rear ground effect without having to do much cutting, if any. so i ANYONE has trying, or seen this done, let me know how it went. i'm going to try to attach some pictues of the tips i have in mind.

late model camaro style (rectangular shape)

cadillac sts (two ovals per tip - look similiar to the corvette tips)

mustang mach I (70-ish style - rounded rectangle)

dodge challenger (70-ish style two-rectangle openings per tip)

anyways, i was just hoping to get some opinions, i'm not even sure i'll put any of them on, especially the mustang and challenger tips...little expensive!!!:eek:

dr feesh

Last edited:
camaro style

lol...i apparently don't know the proper way to post images on this board!!! if someone will tell me how, i have pics of the tips i listed, and a picture of my car with the cadillac tips "installed" .....through photoshop anyways:D or i can email them if anybody cares enuf bout it! well, hope everyone has a nice weekend! :)

derrktor feesh

Last edited:
I'll go with none also

I'll take a pic of my exhaust i made up the other day. All stainless from the manifolds back. Dual 2.25" off the manifolds (cats removed) into a Terminator muffler with single 3" out. Single 3" goes all the way back to where it splits after the tank then its dual 3" dumps right under the rear muffler. When I get some time I am just going to polish the last 12" or so of the exhaust pipe then if anyone looks under the car there is sort of a tip, haha

My friend Dougs goes through the rear valance at the split. He used some nice oval tips. Definitely looks bada$$ From the back. Plus it keeps the melted rubber from caking up on the exhaust.:rolleyes: :D But when i saw his car sittin on Cobra Rs and that exhaust.....Hmm my face was similar to :eek: Been in love with it ever since. Im a sucker for black SCs.;)

Last edited:
I have my exhaust tips coming out from underneath the rear valence. But I cut out a half circle from the bottom of the valence so the tip looks better coming out, as opposed to just resting against a straight edge...

U just need someone to host, how big are the pics? U can send them to me and I'll host and post for yea. I just need to know how big first so i can tell if they'll fit in my hotmail account...

pics..

4 pics at less than 20kb each and the photoshop quicky at 45kb...so around 120kb total :) least i can do everything else with the pictures huh?? :D so motocross...pm with your email if ya want me to send them to ya. thanks! :)

thanks everyone for your input as well....i don't want to do something to that beautiful back bumper cover that i'll regret ;) so wanna make sure i have some scer's behind me if i do do something like that. thanks!

dr feesh

oh wait...

i've been healed! here's my cheapo photoshop job ;) ...oh and i apologize if anyone reading this happens to think Bob Saget is funny :rolleyes:

Attachments

• sc-rear-cad-exhaust.jpg
    sc-rear-cad-exhaust.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 275
tips i'm thinking about...

and here are the tips i've been thinking about stickin on there....

btw, thanks motocross for offering your help! for some reason i couldn't post images when i tried before :confused: however all's well now!

derrktor feesh

Attachments

• exhaust-tips-choices.jpg
    exhaust-tips-choices.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 241
Hey Matt that looks nice! But I'd go with more oval, like the new Cadillac SRS's I believe. They if I'm right have narrower twin oval tips that would look sharp in betwwen the rear Valance of our cars. I was thinking of doing that to mine, also thinking of getting custom exhaust work done too here soon.

Thank god I don't have to go the the VET this year, cause my exhaust is rigged until I get it done. Swapped to a newer sytle fuel tank.

Good luck with your exhaust and shoot me an email and lets get together soon.

BTW Matt... you should go to WFC 7 this year, lots of fun, great people there, and lots of nice SC's, LX's etc...

Talk to ya soon

Jeff B.

hey dude!

hey jeff, i was just thinking about ya the other day! :) thinking that i really need to get together with some scer's around here sometime this spring/summer unfortunately my sc has 209k miles on it now....and i don't think i should drive it across the country to a show or something ;) it's holding up really well though! after i get the exhaust done next week, maybe we can find a time for me to drop by and take a look at your car :)

do you mean cadillac "SRS" or STS or something else....or are you just picking the cadillac tips outta the picture when you say:

"But I'd go with more oval, like the new Cadillac SRS's I believe"

are there other tips you're suggesting, or did you mean the ones i posted :confused: anyhow ..there's no rush on the tips...just getting ideas first ;)

dr feesh

Hey... Those are sweet! Take advantage of them ones Matt.

Those would work nicely!

I'll give you a call here soon and we can hook up!!

I mean't 'STS', sorry.... but yea, they are more oval shaped and are doubled ovals on ea. side.

That's cool, I feel ya.... I have right at 190k on mine. just got done done a light engine overhaul on mine couple of weeks ago.

The car was down for 3 weeks.... had to drive my parents station wagon for the 3 weeks. YES SIR!!:rolleyes: could not wait til I got mine together again.

I'm planning to go WFC 7, Carlisle, SCP's get together in Cinny and some here locally.

Talk at ya!

Jeff B.

I thought about putting mine through the valence, its too small though, they best I've seen were on somone's car on here, they were oval tips and they had cut the bumper so that the oval would fit up inside there, I wish I had the picture but its on my computer at school...I'm on spring break as well, and I didn't go to the beach either due to my car needing time and money. Mine needs cats.. :(

Keep in mind that if you get too close to the valence you better use a double walled tip so that it doesn't melt anything.

Here is a picture of mine:

P0001356sm.jpg

They are problematic to line up and keep straight. These tips are double wall, but you still get some heat issues. The valence really needs to be reinforced around the hole. I do like like them, in spite of all the troubles. They probabaly could be a little smaller, but that was difficult to accomplish with the 2.5" pipes I had back there.

More pics are on my website listed in sig.

Well these are on my old '94 I had. Its now in NY I believe, but I had '04 Grand Prix tips put on and I thought they looked nice.

432375_20_full.jpg

Back