Antifreeze leak again!

quick35th

So today I noticed a puddle of fluid under my car, and shure enough it was antifreeze. So I jacked it up and looked for trases of antifreeze. I found some on the oil filter, power steering pressure lines, but where there was the most amount of it was on the passenger side back by the motor mount. I could see where it was dripping down onto the power steering rack, then down the back of the K member. There wasn't a leak I could find but just drops here and there on both side, but mainly the passenger side.

Also, I noticed that the upper radiator hose was mildly warn (not hot to where you cant touch it, nice warm), and the lower was hot at the base where it connects to the water pump and the pump was hot. But the weird thing with the lower hose is that at the bend and all the way to the radiator it was stone cold. Is this right? I only drove the car home from work (I live directly aross the street form where I work), and maybe five minits trying to figure out what was wrong so I probably ran it for 10-15 minits tops.

Any ideas what could be causing it to leak or what could be leaking?
Oh, it has a brand new water pump on it that has probably just over 3000 miles on it.

Shane

Plain and simple.....if one part of the hose is hot/warm and another part of the same hose is stone cold, then you've got something blocking it.

Also, check for leaks around the oil cooler. A coolant line may have loosened a little.

Back