93 SC Not firing two cylinders...HELP!

Bulky

My 1993 SuperCoupe started acting up on the highway. It ran rough and the check engine light came on for about 30 seconds then cleared up. Two days later driving home it lost a ton of power and check engine came on. Pulled off the highway and started doing some looking around. I pulled plug wires off of the coil pack one at a time to see what was firing and what wasnt. I found that the center two were not, then it cleared up and started running ok again. Got home and replaced the CoilPack and DIS module. Ran mint for 250 miles. Then started acting up again. Replaced all plugs, Plug wires and another CoilPack. Started it up and it instantly kicked the "Check Engine" light and dropped the same two cylinders are still not firing. I also checked all connectors, looked nice and clean. Couldnt find any broken electrical wires, etc... I replaced the drivers side upper control arm a week before this problem happened, and for giggles I looked at all the wires there just incase I hit / pinched a wire with the wrench. Any ideas where to look next?? Please help. I drive 60miles each way to work every day, I miss my SC....I dont think I can take driving the Honda Civic for another week. Thanks in advance

Thats the classic sign of a DIS that went bad. Did you put any dielectric(spelling?) grease between the mounting plate and the DIS?

Stephen

similar thing happened to me, actually almost the same thing, Dis module went bad due to wrong dielectric grease used... you need a heat sink grease, get it at radio shack or get Silver Thermal Compound, supposely made for very very high performance computers and heat transfer.

I put a NAPA brand DIS module in and installed the White Electronic grease that came with it. I just didnt want to throw another $160 DIS mod at it and cook that for no reason. If thats what it sounds like, I'll call the dealer today and pick up a Ford one. THanks, I'll let you know how I make out.

Brian

Back