Exhaust Tailpipe Cutout

LXSC

I want to be able to integrate my tailpipes into the rear bumper a little more by cutting dual exhaust cutouts. Ideally I want it to look a little more seamless and have them look like part of the back (Anyone seen the new Audi A4 or even the newer T-birds, they got it done nicely). How do I go about doing this? I remember reading it somewhere but forget where on the net. Anyone have an experience they wanna lend? Thanks again

well thats the bumper design for those cars, theres not really a way to do that like an aftermarket mod or something, Guess you could rig some custom stuff up, not sure waht the bumpers are made out of...

me too

i'm thinking about doing the same thing as you, but i have a couple of tips in mind that i may use. still haven't decided if i want to do the tips..or original look, but just thought i'd let ya know that there's another post going on about the same topic ;) so far it's looking like the non-tippers are out numbering the tippers! :D

cut-n-paste:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42230

dr feesh

Was thinkin about doing the same thing to my bird but decided some nice tips popin out from underneath would be better. Heres a nice pic of someone in the europe area with the annaversary bird that i like the cutouts and was going to do somethin similar.

Attachments

• goertler10.jpg
    goertler10.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 324
That was going to be my next project. I really like the look of the picture you posted. It is how Ford should have done it to begin with

now the last one looks kinda gay... looks like a ricer exhaust. the rest i give props too.. but the last one... u really need to stop hanging out with civics.

darkstar_one said:
now the last one looks kinda gay... looks like a ricer exhaust. the rest i give props too.. but the last one... u really need to stop hanging out with civics.

Is there any need to say something like that?:confused:

My friend Dougs actually comes through the valance right through the split. Looks da** good too.

~Um, jus one question...why are you hatin'? IMO it looks good and looks sharp. But i also like the original turndowns showing underneath the valance too. Gives it that sleeper theme. Id wanted to just weld crome turndown tips on to each pipe, but Dougs car looks sweet. Hmm, I need to go take pics of it.

there is a very big difference in having a sleeper car and having a ricer... u might as well put a TUNED PIPE on it and a TYPE R decal... god... looks like a ricer to me..

Hey Zoom: You care to comment since this guy is trashing your ride? Personally Im getting fed up myself.

First its not your car so who cares what you think. Its his taste. you dont have to drive Zoom's car so I think that if you have something negative to say you can keep it to yourself. No one asked for your opinion.

By the way, I work for an Optician, maybe youd like an appointment since your vision sems slightly F'd up.

Gone in 15 seconds? Did you leave the parking brake on or is it your driving skills. Apparently the CHP doesnt think you should be driving it but it cant be that bad if its only turning 15s. Why brag if its only doing 15s? Can somebody help this dude? I have exhaust similar to that on my 88 GT, care to run it? If you can catch me in it then you can call it rice, but apparently Im a good 2 seconds faster.

but RICE??? And I bet yours looks better doesnt it? SURE IT DOES!!!:D Ignorance is bliss my friend.

Last edited:
Rice

It does look a little different from the others posted because the mufflers are so visble. I like both looks and have considered doing mine. My muffs set up high enough that I'll need to come through the valance instead of under it. I might actually have to cut out the whole area for the tip to come through. Should be interesting.

I don't think Zoom'z car looks like a ricer, but it does have a different appearance than the others. It's still a Thunderbird SC and unless he has one of those big chrome mufflers and a huge wing, he ain't no ricer.

David

whoa... he told me... maybe i should shut up from now on... but its looking doubtful... because i can say whatever the **** i want to... and if i think that **** looks like a tuned pipe cut out then **** it... who the **** are u to care what the **** i think right... let me think whatever the **** i want to... remember since we are in different parts of the country then im guessing ur styles are different over there... so i guess maybe i should just keep **** to myself from now on. since u *******s get mad over a little freedom of speech....

P.S. I HAVE NOW UPDATED MY INFO WITH THE TRACK AND DYNO INFO.

ALSO. im so sorry that u losers got butt hurt. But i just dont like the EXHAUST showing like that. Makes it look tacky. Well thats my opinion and i wont say anything else next time. My apologies to anyone who got butt hurt. So so sorry.

Last edited:
darkstar_one-
I think using some of the harsh terms that you did, the other members were thinking that you could have potentialy insulted a fellow SC'er. I dont think they were trying to silence you, but in thier own way ask you to refrain from using insulting remarks. It can sometimes be better for others to hear constructive critisism as opposed to slander and ridicule; IMO.
Peace,
Tom

darkstar_one: im insulted you saying my car is gay and looks like a ricer. lets see your car? why dont you post a pic?
correct me if im wrong guys but 247 hp is not enough hp to push a sc into 13.45 secounds.
and calling everyone a loser not only are you insulting me but everyone else on this board. my tail pipes are just as big as the other pics in the post just mine are round and theirs are oval shape.

here is a quote for you DARKSTAR_ONE: opinions are like a******'s everyone has one, some are just bigger then others!

i just want to say thanks for everyone that said something to this jerk.

so here is my car lets see yours darkstar_one.

Attachments

• untitled 1.jpg
    untitled 1.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 85
Damn, thats a clean front. I want to see him out do that. lol. Very nice and props to you zoombuggy3(Just get some clear corners). lol. Zach

Back