Fuel Pump Dont Work

wingrg

Hi! Im new to this forum, Actually I buy a white 5 speed 89 SC for $600.00 nice car in very nice shape, unless the interiors bur for that price i hope i can restore soon.the problems that i find in the car are more that i spect, but the most important is fuel pump, First I check volts there good at fuel relay, I buy a new intank fuel pump. the problem is i jump the relay with the wire and the fuel pump turn on and the car start great but the wire turns very hot. thats mean the relay is bad?, i have a short in the fuel system? or the computer is bad? i understand the computer have to send a signal t make the pump works or not?. How i make sure or test the fuel system to find out the problem. Other problem is the radiator fan if i take out the thermo switch, that i buy new the fan start directly all time when i connect the plug again, the fan turn off and never turn on again, the temp. of the car raise very hot and the fan never turn on unless i take out the connector. Thanks to all that can help me i really love this car and enjoy to read the forums.:)

Back