Got it back together but...

Thomas95SC

I finally got most of the engine back together except for the egr. I cant seem to line up the bolt holes. Theres also some sort of hose that I missed. Its under my intake hose. Runs down there somewhere. Anyway it starts but wont stay running. It will die right away unless I give it gas. I cant figure out whats wrong. I also dont get any boost readings. I know im getting it but it doesnt show any on the guage. Just sits at zero:( . Also, it also says that im not getting any oil pressure. Well, when I cover that hose it brings it up. God what was I thinking when I took on this project. I hope I dont have to bring it to a mechanic.

I had the best luck having the EGR tube unhooked from my header when I attached the EGR to the intake. You have a huge vacuum leak with it all open so it cant run very well at all. Do a search on the topic. Same goes for the boost.

Far as oil pressure. is the guage connected? you might have just left it unhooked.

Do you own the Shop manual yet?

It pays for itself real quick.

http://www.helminc.com/helm/product...ype=N&mscsid=WM7G43E067RL9HVQLLPL2KMK7G990G2D

Are you talking about a hose from the egr missing? You should have one hose going into the side of the egr tube coming from the egr transducer and a vacuum hose coming into the top from the passenger side corner. No boost reading? Is the vacuum line connected that goes to the gauge? As said above, the lask of an egr covering that hole is probably your biggest problem.

sonicman1634 said:
I have a Haynes manual. But its too generic to go into all the vac line details.

Thats why the Helms factory manuals are a good thing to have.
The EVTM manual has the electrical and vacuum diagrams.

A search should answer your routing questions though. It was thoroughly covered with pictures and diagrams in the last couple months.

Alright, I partially got the EGR vavle on. Still having trouble getting it on there. I wasnt getting any vac readings becuase I forgot to hook up the vac line going to the intake elbow. I got it running on its own but it runs like crap. I still have to reseal the IC tubes. Other than that, it should be ready to go.

Back