burnt tranny part 2

darkstar_one

ok ok... check it out.. thanx to a jackass at autozone i got free merchandise... ;) well i changed the tranny filter and popped in all the gaskets correctly... well i added a quart of that VALVOLINE ATF with Sealant.... some RED BOTTLE of ATF fluid from VALVOLINE with a yellow top. The other quarts were VALVOLINE ATF FLUID FOR HIGH MILEAGE TRANNYs. Well it feels firmer now.. but the only problem is after driving for like 40 minutes... the tranny doesny come out of 3rd gear and into a lower gear when u come to a rolling stop. it will stay in 3rd and the SC makes boost. So i have to pull it out of 3rd and into a lower gear. What can it be? Can it be that i need another rebuild? withing a 6 month period? is that it?

Why did you work on it in the first place? Was there a problem or did you just want to change the filter and fluid? Why oh why did you put anything in the tranny besides good ole regular tranny fluid?:confused: :confused:

dude... my tranny burnt up all the fluid in the first place... it turned it into water.. and it would seep through the seals and leak out and be sprayed all over the exhaust... well why the hell doesnt the tranny wanna come out of 3rd in a rolling stop?

yeah man... so what ur trying to say is that the earth revolves around the sun in a miracle fashion format that resembles the planets twine system which therefore would reconsider changing the visualizations of how people see god? so i need to replace the clutch paks then?

Yes you will have to have the clutch packs replaced for starters. Usually lots of other parts get taken out in the proccess also so you're looking at a full rebuild with new torque converter. sorry.:(

Well because an auto tranny shares the fluid throughout the tranny and the torque converter. When parts go bad all that crap gets pumped throughout the tranny and torque converter thus damaging everything in its path. Your torque converter is now full of burnt cltch material and probably metal shavings, and no you cant flush out the crud and get away with it. There are spinning parts and bearings inside the torque converter that are now damaged.
The big problem with auto trannys is that most people continue to drive the car with the tranny messed up and thats just asking for trouble.
Back last summer I helped a guy named Duane fix his AOD right on this site for everyone to see. He was on the verge of burning his up but he had the sense to stop driving it and seek help.
We fixed it for $25.00. Do a search for "AOD tranny experts" and you'll see the thread.

yeah i was there when the damn tread was started it took forever... well lucky for me i have a 89 LX with a nice tranny... seeing as how i wont be pushing my SC anymore... i think it will be ok until i can rebuild the other one with stronger crap... thanx man... anything else.?

Back