brand new trans has 2 gears, first and park

pdennis93

apparantly it wont shift out of first, i havent driven it, a friend finished off the install today and said it wont shift out of first.... we had a problem with the shifter linkage swap from the other trans and i know the linkage got bent up a bit and i think he bent it back into shape but it may not be installed correctly, could this cause this situation or am i in for a bigger problem? i guess im gonna have to drive it to a tranny shop to have them check it out..hopefully theres one thats close that wont cost an arm and a leg (i heard one place that is local wants $600 to install a trans)

I can only wish ya the best of luck. I blew out an aod in 3 mos. that had a performance rebuild, better clutches, and a shiftkit. One of my friends that has a v8 lx spent money having a local guy doing rebuild, only to have 2 selenoids fail alaong with a clutchpak. For what he spent, he could have just ordered a new tranny already beefed. Sorry to hear though, tranny troubles suck. On another note, if you had to swap linkages, check to make sure the the plunget that the tv cable connets to was re-installed corectly. Also, I remember you had a shiftkit installed in your old tranny, did you swap that over? Could it be possible that one of the check balls didn't make it back into the valvebody, or something else of the sort?

we didnt swap the valve body because the new tranny has a lentech style 1 D(2) OD (3+4) shift pattern with aggressiv shifts, basially its a lentech vb without the od siwtch, it just wont engage 4th until your under 3/4 throttle

we think its the shifter linkage installed wrong, because P is park R N OD and D make the car go forward in first, and the shifter will not go down into 1..

Back