Question about heater core

Danielle_in_LV

Hi I had my HC by passed and I wanted to know if it was ok for me to run the AC?

Thanks
Danielle

also I was told I need Catalytic Converters and that it was going to cost like $300 I thought that was a bit high??

Last edited:
Yes, the heatercore is for heat, it takes heat from the engine coolant and makes you warm in the winter, AC works by using freon in a compressor which spins off the belt on your engine, and makes cold air than blows it in your car, totally different systems.

granted living in vegas, is there any other reason for the by pass of the heater core?, any problem car problem you are trying to solve??

cats can be expensive, there are some place on the net, don't know the addresses that sell a complete front system for about 400. look for some maybe specialty shops or just try some other muffler shops in your area, see if they can get you a replacement and weld it in.

it should still cost around 200 though, from the people i've talked to, cats are kinda expesive.

jim

You can get free flow cats from supercoupeperformance.com for 75-80 however these are not stock replacements and you'll need some pipe bent from the manifolds to the cats new location.

-Tim

Sorry I just got home from work, Well right before my HG blew my HC broke and
they bypassed it because I didnt have $400 to get it fixed. And my Cats rattle and it sounds like ****. I'll check it out and see if I buy some from that place and just see if that would be a little less costly.

Thanks for you help (I dont know much about this stuff)

Back