PDA

View Full Version : Dirtybird

Randy N Connie
03-09-2004, 09:55 PM
Have you heard any thing on your project yet.Hope it all turns out good for you.
I am sure it will.

I have a hard time keeping my drive line working right with a stock motor.

Randy

dirtybird91
03-10-2004, 03:13 AM
How in the hell are ya!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

I talked to Tom Berry for about thirty minutes today and discussed the SC situation. They have not been able to start on my car yet, but they are expecting to start in two weeks. They are finishing off a C5 Vette project. I am promised lots of feedback after the project takes off. I am really excited about the whole thing and I will be keeping you guys filled in.

Tom and I talked a lot about what the little 3.8 could handle as far as stress on the engine. I told Tom to think of the SC block like a 5.0 missing two pistons. Tom talked about the weak points on the 5.0 block. We also discussed the automatic trannys in SC's and I explained how that was one of the weakest links in the Supercoupe equation (except the head gaskets). I also explained that most ANYBODY that plans to modify an SC beyond a certain degree of HP would not do so without taking the transmission into account because the stock automatics are fragile and weak.:(

For comparison sake we compared the HP ratings of the SC against a '94 5.0 Mustang, and I explained that the SC should have a slight advantage (especially with torque). Anyway, he has pumped 570hp out of a stock '94 5.0L engine.;)

Let's cross our fingers and I will get started sharing information in about two weeks or so.:cool:

Frank

David Neibert
03-10-2004, 09:55 AM
Frank,

The SC block and stock internals are much stronger than a stock 5.0 block. I don't really think your going to have any problems in that area. I think the limiting factor on your engine will be the heads and fuel system.

Please keep us informed as the project moves forward.

David

dirtybird91
03-10-2004, 12:33 PM
We also conversed about the possiblity of his company building a kit for the V8 T-birds being that there has been some interest shown in that area. He has informed me that he is aware that the interest is there, but that his company could not begin such a project until July. Some guys over at TCCOA seem to be interested in going that route.
I am glad to be informed that the stock internals are stronger than the 5.0L
I will just sit back and hope for the best. Tom Berry designs the base kit around a 255lph fuel pump, throttle body, MAF and bigger injectors with thier base kits.:)
I am also curious about your project David. I know it is going to really be M E A N. Although it is hard for me to fatham something meaner than the V6 SC that you have already. You have already made it to where I am trying to get:D

Frank:cool:

David Neibert
03-10-2004, 01:58 PM
Although it is hard for me to fatham something meaner than the V6 SC that you have already.

Frank,

I'm having difficulty imagining what 600 rwhp will feel like, but I have a pretty good idea what to expect. Where is gets real fuzzy and a little scary is when I put some race fuel in the tank and crank up the boost to about 23 pounds. With enough fuel and ignition power it should make 800 rwhp. I can't really comprehend what that will be like.

If you want a preview on what my car will be like, just keep an eye on Wayne Ing. He's upgrading his fuel system now and has already purchased a larger turbo (T76). I'm following his lead, asking for his help and basicly copying stuff that worked for him. He is already way ahead of me on learning curve and is the person who inspired my project. Whatever numbers his combo produces, mine should be very close.

David

kuhnga
03-10-2004, 02:54 PM
Tom and I talked a lot about what the little 3.8 could handle as far as stress on the engine. I told Tom to think of the SC block like a 5.0 missing two pistons. Tom talked about the weak points on the 5.0 block. We also discussed the automatic trannys in SC's and I explained how that was one of the weakest links in the Supercoupe equation (except the head gaskets).

Bird- You have upgraded internals anyway, dont ya? I do not know any one that has problems with head gaskets.
Actually I dont think anyone has found the weak link in a SC engine yet! Chris Wise put down well over 600HP at the crank. Maybe you will be the one that finds the weakest link?

Good Luck Gary

dirtybird91
03-10-2004, 06:34 PM
I need all the confidence I can get after dropping that wad of cash off to New Mexico!:D :D :D

Frank

XxSlowpokexX
03-10-2004, 07:51 PM
<~~748 rwhp stock 5.0 block.......mhmmm Dont get me started haha

XR7 Dave
03-10-2004, 10:30 PM
Ya Damon, but have you DRIVEN the car yet??? :D