sc doesnt start possble ic issue?

chargnchickn89

this car hit a phone pole head on at 25 mph dead center of front bumper!! took apart and am replacing front bumper and radiator, however car will not start after sc tubes were replaced and ic were re attached there is a very slight dent in one side of ic but finns all look good! could ic still be the culprit and how hardy are these units? please help!!! thank you

yes switch has been reset yet no fire in the hole if gas was drain ed as I suspect, then that leaves the IC or possibly the crank tigger but im not sure which. there is spark at the coilpack.....

Does the fuel pump run when you turn the ign switch on?

What does mean?

"if gas was drain ed as I suspect,"

Did you drain it or someone else?

Does it even sputter?

A hole in the IC won't keep it from starting but will make for a rough idle. There is power wiring on the pass side behind the bumper and headerpanel. check for damaged wiring.

Jeff

yes car was w / some on els last 7 yrs lng story! no car just spinns no spudder or spitting no fire in the hole so far as I can tell did see wiring on pass side looked good but will recheck

If the car has sat that long the gas won't burn. Need to drain the tank and change the plugs. Get all that bad gas out of there.

Then if there is spark coming from the coils, and the fuel pump runs (and there is fuel pressure in the fuel rails) it will start or at least try to start.

Good luck.

Back