heat blew cold after wot

seawalkersee

I was on the way to work and stood on the loud pedal for a few seconds. When I let off at the stop sign, I didnt have heat for about ten seconds. Anyone had this before. Im gonna check the HGs this week. Im wondering if the water pump is cvitating under high revs. I have an underdrive pully set on the car which slows it down. Its slow engouh that after 20 seconds at idle it does not blow HOT anymore. The longer it just idles the cooler it gets (in cold weather of course). Anyone?

Chris

Blowing Cold

Agree with silversc90. You probably have an air pocket that generally manifests itself thru lack of heat first. I've seen the temperature read incorrectly when that happens sometimes. as it can get "air bound" too. Top off and bleed the air out of the cooling system. Good luck.

Ahhhhhhhhh, if life were only that simple. Shes topped off. Im not saying there cant be an air pocket in there cause thats the only reason fer the problem that I can think of...My question is HOW do I make it go away for good? She has coolant and the HGs are only like 10k old.

Chris

Topping off

I assume you've removed the vent plug by the thermostat housing (with the motor cold of course) and run it to bleed the system as you add ZX? The other option is to use a setup like the one we have at our shop, that first applies vacuum to the entire cooling system. Once the entire system is placed under 20+" of vacuum, you can let the vacuum pull the ZX in and usually get all of the air out.

Good luck.

Think I found it. The t-stat housing is leakin a tad. It must be pullin air instead of coolant. However that vacuum idea is pretty pimp. Ill have to remember that one.

Thanx guys

Chirs

After you fix that thermostat housing leak, do a pressure test on the cooling system. If your head gaskets are leaking compression gases past the gasket and into one of the cooling jackets, that air will enter the system (quickly, like under WOT) and pass through your heating system. It may not be the case, but it's worth checking if you like your engine.

Good point Bill I would want to make sure it's not your head gaskests that can be a clue there on there way out.

Yeah, I know. I bought the car and he said it only had like 8k on the new engine. It runs like a raped ape but im starting to notice problems under accell. Time to start lookin into a total reseal.

Thanx guys

Chris

Back