Coolant Drip

Thunder139

Hey everyone,

I did a little searching, but nothing real solid came up.

I have what seems to be a little bit of a drip of coolant when i start my car, it seems to go away after it warms up, but it does make a puddle when i first start it. Does that sound like the water pump seeping? I had never seen it stop once it started.

Also, anyone have any est. cost on replaceing a water pump?

Shawn

It could also be your radiator. Can you tell if it is coming from farther back then the radiator?

Thomas

Good News

Had the pump pressure tested and it seems just fine. He said that the bottom hose was a little loose, and problem solved!

Shawn

My car seemed to leak from the hose when it was cold also, and it took a great deal of tightening to make it stopped.

In my case, the hose was attached to the thermostat housing, and when I later replaced the housing the hose did not need to be as tight to prevent cold leaks.

I had a leak too. It would leak after driving it for any period of time, but longer trips made it drip more. I could even watch it drip from where oil drips off the K-member when changing the filter. So one day the vmm said that I was running low so I took the car home and filled the reserve box up with coolant. Now I dont know what happend, but all I know is that it doesn't leak anymore. It has me completely thrown off on this one. I even jacked it up to look under it and couldn't find where it was leaking from.

Shane

A common problem with the plastic side tank radiators that Ford uses is the gasket between the body and side tank shrinks and expands with temperature differences-when it's cold you'll notice the leak-after the car has run for a while the leak stops-when you shut the car off and the thing cools down it will leak again.

Back