overdrive question

92redsc

after a little bit of work on my car, i would like to overdrive the charger but not blow the HGs again. exhaust would be the SCP 2.5-3-2.5 setup, with gutted cats. blower will be a MP2 with highflow plenum. i will have some other intake mods on the car as well. will a 5% on the MP2 be too much, even with the aftermarket exhaust? another thing, does a intercooler fan really help drop 1/4 times? any praises or complaints? thanks

i have the 800 cfm intercooler fan on a stock intercooler, ran it continuious for about 1 1/2 years before it broke recently. i've been running without it for the last two weeks and frankly i cant feel any difference or degrade in performance without it. maybe it does make a slight difference if you are sitting in heavy traffic during rush hour on a hot day, but that's about it. the stock intercooler is too small anyway to reap the full benefit of the fan, my opinion.

I wouldn't say it helps all that much for HP gains. But i like them because during slow traffic you can have it running to help keep the air temps down and save some wear on the SC. Sincewhen there not under load they bypass the air back into the SC making more heat.

Basicly if you can pickup a fan cheap I'd go for it.

Back