Need to remove dashboard b4 I lose it!

Darkside

Alright, call me anal. My dash has 2 cracks in it and it is driving me nuts. Anybody ever fixed this problem short of buying a new dash. How big of a pain in the A** is it to remove the dash. Doesn't seem like fun:( I wanted to wait on this problem for awhile but don't think I can. I have a dash mat but I can't stand those either. I would rather look at a cracked dash than leave the dash mat on. Info/suggestions please!:confused:

Try a dash repair kit..

I've seen some dash repair kits available that will allow you to fill and blend the crack and then get a special plastic spray paint to match the color.

Be warned though, they are about as much work as Bondo, and end up looking just as good. (Which may or may not be good depending on the end user)

Find someone locally that is an interior refurbisher. You might go to a local car lot and ask who they use or reccomend. We have a guy that we have come into our dealership that does amazing work. Stuff you wouldn't even think could be fixed he makes look brand new!! If you do need to remove the dash, shoot me an e-mail as I just removed and installed a new dash in my SC.

Thomas

Thanks for the info guys. Thomas A, I may do that in the next couple of days. Thanks for the offer.

BTW Thomas A, what was up with that guy in the classifieds responding to that 93 rear light post???!!?:confused: I don't know.....................

I've tried the patch kits and the results were dissappointing to say the least. If you have $$ and time though and an OEM type finish is imperative to you, there is a company which you can ship the whole dash to which will refurb it for you and ship it back. Takes about 6 weeks and isn't cheap. I didn't find any place in dallas which was capable or willing to do the job. :( :( Didn't search real hard, but if someone does it, they don't advertise.

I ended up buying a dash hugger instead. :D However, even that wasn't perfect as the color wasn't a true match. Tried dyeing it... and concluded that I'd rather have that carpeting on my floor.. it didn't absord so much as a molecule of the dye.

Coverlay makes a dash cover made out of plastic or vinyl. FORD/MERCURY DASH COVER 12-306

201a.gif

Here is there website

If you try it out let me know.

Jerry

Back