RAISING a SuperCoupe !

ThunderTurkey

I HATE bottoming out and dragging the smallest of roadkill all over the neighborhood! So just the opposite of 'lowering', I like the looks of a car that sits 'high'! I plan to switch wheels back to the TBird 15" so I can toss some P235x70Rx15 tires on it. Gas mileage goes way up and I can cruise all day at 65mph turning about 1500rpm.
Question : Could I also put air-shocks or something on the rear to raise it a bit? Just enough to keep the fenders off the tires while flying up a steep driveway? Do they make stiffer springs that actually hold the car higher? Thanks for any advice!

:)

Why don't you buy some new stock springs and shocks. The SC sits pretty high stock are you sure your stock springs haven't sagged over time? The SC springs are the stiffest you can buy I believe.

Jerry

You can buy a set of Air Ride air bags to lift the rear up. I've got a set on my lowered SC to keep from rubbing the rear tires on the fender lip when people ride in the back seat.

David

GREAT Information !

68cougar : Thanks for the info. The bags will give me just the height I need to make it up the steep drives here.

aitkenstyle : A truck? Mebbe a MONSTER truck!! Nawwww . . . I'm just not too fond of a car that looks like it's scraping the ground as it going down the highway.

Last edited:
Back