to cog or not to cog.... that is the deal

pro street rich

Well it has been some time now,and with some more help we are getting close to letting a "Full" cog belt system out on the world.

The price will be in the $700 range,AND you will be able to overdrive the blower as well. there will be some sort of a quick change setup as well so you don't have to be overdriven for the daily use, BUT when you go to the track, you got it...

Now I need to know who really wants to go to this type of a setup???

We will be making a run of pulleys and then go from there....

So lets hear from you if you want to have something that will be cool looking ,plus give you the extra grab you need to go racing.....Rich

Pro street Rich....

You're ideas interest me, and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.:p

Seriously, have any pics of a cog system? I've heard talk of them for awhile and have been very interested in what this type of setup would look like, as well as just how much of a performance gain it would offer.

$700 for pullies? Did you try York? They make Sheave blanks and the flanges. Then you don't have a big machining charge for cutting teeth. You can make them in any width you like and there are a ton of sizes, and pitches.

Jeff

Who will use???

I think that this is something that can be used anywhere. There are plenty of blown street rods that are running cog belts on their 671's and such.

This may not be for someone that drives his car "only" on the street. But then again, the daily street driver is not worried about slipping belts due to "overdriving" the blower.

I would say that the two types of buyers would be

1] The hard core, got to go fast guy.

2] the show and shine guy who wants that "something extra" that no one else has.

Not everyone will want this,even if it was free,but some of us will. You get all the pulleys for the blower setup, a billet jack shaft setup, and the parts and idler to make it all work togehter....Rich

What about the belt Rich.

Will that be a part of the kit, and can I get a spare?

Even the current belt I'm using was a "special order" up here where I live. I carry a full set of belts with me - CYA. ;)

Lee

Last edited:
belts are good to go.....

The belts that we are looking at are "stocking" parts around here. This should not be something to worry about....

Yes, they will make some more noise, but just think what the guy next to you will think when he hears it??? He will be looking for the 671 blower.

Besides we have looked at that as well as wear, neither look to be a major road block.....Lets see what comes of this,besides who cares about noise at the drag strip????

oh yea, that's right, you might want to sneek up on someone with your ride......Rich

Kinda rad...I like it!

Hi Rich, I've already got tons into a ESM set up, but would like see some pics of what you are proposing! ;)

Hey Rich,

When you say "quick change set-up" are you talking just the pulley on the supercharger or the whole set-up is a quick change deal. Interesting!

Val

QUICKIE.......

It is in the works that you will be able to change your over/under drive without rebuilding the whole setup. Something eazy so that anyone can do it, even _______. You fill in the blank.....LOL....Rich

Back