Things just got real BAD

Danielle_in_LV

So I went out to the car last night and started to drive off and the transmission would not shift passed first. So I turned around and let it sit for 5 min thinking that it needed to warm up. Tried it again and same problem checked the fluid and it was over the full mark. Could it be clogged.... Sorry if this is a dumb question
I just dont know what happend??

I had a new tv cable installed because the little rubber gromet broke so Ford sold me a new cable. It was driving fine the day before I just dont understand?

the AOD is not vacuum controlled. Check the TV cable even thought it's a new one. It may have come disconntected somehow or not be adjusted properly. If that's all good then you probably have internal transmission problems, possibly as a result of driving it when the TV cable WAS broke...... find a reputable transmission shop and get it checked out if you are sure it's not the TV cable.

I got the car home and the guy said that it needs a new tranny, So It going to sit in the driveway till next paycheck. I just got this car for my 21st b day and Its been one thing after another my mom thinks I'm nuts for putting all this money in my first car, but my dad just said "Baby you have to keep in mind her first car was a 1970 stationwagon".

Thanks for ya help!!
Danielle

Hey, i'm also in vegas and have had 2 aod's rebuilt and they both fried within 10,000 miles and 13 months.. right after the warranties expired. Get a parts and labor warranty and try and find someone who really understands these transmissions. One rebuild was done by the dealership for $1800.00 and lasted as long as the $900.00 rebuild.

Back