Left turn Noise

NJTBIRD89

ok, guys have one for you....

I just replaced the sway bar link on the rt. front because i thought it would stop this loud clanking sound when i make a left turn

However it still making that sound... (hard left turns: click click louder louder then straighten up no sound...

what da F***...!!!

Help Please it's d*m annoying

NJTbird89

Last edited:
noise

have you looked at the control arms and tie rods??? don't screw around with front end noises. i had a control arm go on my cougar. the front end drops to the ground. what's worse is having to drag your car up on the wrecker. also check the wheel bearing. it will do the same thing. the more obvious, but overlooked are the lugnuts. my friend had this happen. those are the biggest things.

I had a similar noise but was a Click Click noise rather than a Clank Clank noise. It did get louder and turned out to be a wheel bearing. Was hard to diagnose as only seems to make the noise under a load like turning.
Try this: Have an assistant drive your car, in a parking lot, have them turn the wheel almost all the way to the direction in which you hear it. Then as they drive SLOW in a circle, you run along side and listen to where it is coming from. Chances are a wheel bearing but still have a front end shop do an inspection on your front end anyways.
The 89-91'?s Spindle/Hub/Bearing Assemblies are spendy and the 92-95's are much cheaper. If one is going bad, the other one will follow, so might just replace both if it is bad.

ok

we had the car on the lift and physically looked at it it seemed that eveything was tight and right, but i'll callback to the garage

and see if those thing previously mention might need replacing

Back