not sc,its my f250 need opinions

tbird91sc

sorry for not being sc related but i value members to this board input. to make a long story short. my 99 f250 v10 launched the #3 cylinder spark plug into orbit taking the threads from the head with it(a common problem - 3200 to fix via ford). i can fix what i have my self - or - get a later v10 and upgrade from 235 hp to 275 hp (which i think is in the heads anyway). my only concerm would be the computer. my super coupe experience has shown the eec iv to be pretty intuitive (sp?) with upgrades. i have limited experience with super duties so - if i upgrade the motor - will the current eec (V?) acknowledge the upgrades - if not - can i just plug in a later eec that goes with the later v10 (sounds too easy) or just upgrade my current computer with an aftermarket chip
comments please ......

I would assume the EEC-V will work just fine with a new V-10, unless ford decided to change pin-outs on the V-10 engines - sensors, etc. But I really doubt that. Your best bet is to ask a FORD mechanic to look at their bible and tell you.

I think you should be able to fix your problem alot cheaper than that--I would get some more qoutes

but any way - if your not a member already- check this site out
www.ford-trucks.com

there are different forums for each motor
g/l

Back