Vacuum line from throttle body, 1989 engine-

thundercougar

Why is there a vacuum line coming from the throttle body on a 1989 engine but its not like that on a 1993 tbird 3.8 n/a?

I thought that maybe it could be because of cruise control, but both cars have cruise control>

Anybody know why ford did this?

Im sure, It is about 1/4" in diameter, It connects with the line gong to the vacuum pump and the line from the intake. Heres a pic<<<<

The 1993 Throttle body is on it now, But for some reason it idles at like 1200rpm, I think that the vacuum line might be the reason, It was changed because the 1993 throttle body was cleaner.

Attachments

• dscn1365.jpg
    dscn1365.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 134
Follow up:

With a quick call to ford this is the response that I got:

Parts Dept:

Hello, I was wanting to get a replacement throttle body for my 1993 Thunderbird 3.8 non supercharged, but it has a 1989 engine in it, I noticed that when I put the replacement engine in, it has a vacuum line coming from the throttle body, But the 1993 throttle body didnt.

Which one should I buy to replace it?

Ford parts tech response:

"There was a vacuum line coming from the throttle body? Ive never seen anything like that, It must be an aftermarket part.

My response: With FORD stamped into it?

Ford parts tech response:

"Just bring it in and Ill see why it was changed, that part may be disscontinued."

Like alot of parts on our cars are disscontinued, Unable to order from ford, Like the engine wiring harness, It as disscontinued, they told me it was disscontinued, and also gave me its price !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $999

Back