Blower, ESM ported can be reported by MP??

DGernmann

Hey everyone I had an interesting question:

If I have a 94-95 blower that has been ported by ESM, can I send it to MP to get it ported again??

The reason I ask is a guy is willing to trade me a 94-95 blower that has been ported by ESM for my stock 94 blower. He wants to trade because he wants the MP inlet and it will not bolt up to a ESM ported blower.

I plan on getting a MP inlet and the blower ported again if this is possible??

Thanks for your time.

Drew

I would definately trade if its a DIII Blower..You just need to get the MP inlet port matched to the DIII blower..Thats the setup I have..DIII blower with MP inlet..Worked great

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
I would definately trade if its a DIII Blower..You just need to get the MP inlet port matched to the DIII blower..Thats the setup I have..DIII blower with MP inlet..Worked great

There must be various DIII styles or levels of porting. My MP plenum would have left about a 1/4" gap across the whole top of it. I needed to have a 3/8"-1/2" bead welded across the top of my MP plenum then I filed it flat and ported to match the blower.

As for trading/swapping..... I'd keep the stock one you have, get a cheap 89-93 case and send them both to Charles at MP to have a 'super' MP II blower made. I believe the best possible setup right now is an MP II case with the 94-95 coated rotors. Charles thinks the same thing.

Ohh.. and I have DIII and MP plenum... so just keep that in mind.

Later,
Steve

Yah you can spend that 1000 or so for the MP blower and 500 for the inlet....Or.......

Your choice:O)

Nothing againts the MP blower...But I wouldnt buy it

alright

Okay so it seems that you guys are set on me keeping my stock blower, I was planning to go with a MP port and Inlet, I think the porting on the ESM is the earlier style, but was pushing 15 lbs of boost with a top, headers, true dual exhaust, and a early style pulley. Just want to knwo the right direction.

So what do you guys think of this blower??

Blower XPort

IS that worth it you think?

Thanks,
Drew

Last edited:
The reason I ask is a guy is willing to trade me a 94-95 blower that has been ported by ESM for my stock 94 blower.

There are only 2 people that have bought DIII blowers that did not already have a MP plenum. I know factually that both of those people (Steve being one of them) now have an MP plenum being used with their blower. I sure would like to know who is offeirng it to you cause after reading this thread, it doesnt seem like a blower ESM worked on. If it is a DIII, it is marked with the owners name. I definitely would'nt buy it , sounds like they are pulling your leg.

So I guess it adds up to ESM porting being crap ....lol

Ya, that comment makes sense:rolleyes: I suppose it explains why it took ESM removing the MP stuff off Chris Mendola's car and installing ESM parts to get his car out of the high 13s and intp\o the 12s without juice 3 years ago:confused:

Paul

Hey Paul... It's Brian's blower from North Jersey .. YOU SOLD IT TO HIM!

It's a good ESM blower. Damon, check out this thread. If your interested, Brian sold his 94SC & put it back to stock before he sold it. Now, he is redoing his GF's SC, but doesn't want her to have the ESM & all the hop-ups. So he is trading it for a 94-5 blower because hers is shot. By trading, he will save some bucks on shipping it out to be rebuilt or buying one.

Good Luck to whoever gets it. But it is a nice ESM blower. .. And I'm a MP guy.

Anthony

I was planning to go with a MP port and Inlet,

If the blower the person is trading was an ESM D3 (based on 94-95 blower) it would be a good deal, if it's a D2 based on the early style it can not be reworked to accept the MP plenum and can not be used as a core for making an MPII.

Without the MP plenum a ported blower will not perform nearly as well. I think your better off keeping what you have and getting either ESM or MP to port it and add an MP plenum.

BTW, ESM ported blowers are not crap..Chris Wise had an ESM D3 with MP plenum and ran 11.9 without nitrous and an 11.1 with it. I had an ESM early style D2 and pulled 310 rwhp on the dyno. But gained another 50 rwhp by switching to the MPII and MP plenum.

David

Correction

I would like to make a Correction I did not mean all ESM blowers were crap or any for that matter, it was just a statement. I did not mean to offend anyone at all. I know that ESM makes some good stuff, I have a 5% ESM OD pulley and its beauitful. Just getting opinions and what direction to go in.

Thanks,
Drew

Blower...

I have an ESM blower that has been worked over many times by ESM. I'm not sure exactly what version mine would be as I have had ESM go back through it a couple of times. Maybe Paul would know. Also the ESM 10 rib set up. I also have the MP intake Plenum. My numbers are posted below.

Hey Paul... It's Brian's blower from North Jersey .. YOU SOLD IT TO HIM!
Ok, then I was misinformed! When that deal went down, Brian told me he had an MP inlet on order a few days later. Apparently it never went through. Ya, that one is a super nice piece piece, it was originally made for my car before I decided I would be going to something larger down the road and decided not to use it.
No offense taken BTW, just hate it when people point me toward threads like this where comments are made here and there which can be very deceiving. Good luck with whatever direction you choose to go.

Paul

Back