Differential questions

Well I see no takers on this answer, but I need to know cuz im swap an sc engine into a stang and Im putting an 8.8 solid to deal with the torque. but I really dont want to lose the posi and Ive spent so money on parts I cant afford not to use all I can off mydead bird.

well, here it goes to the best of my abilities...

obviously, the pumpkin as a whole will not bolt into your stang, but the internal posi unit is the same and will bolt inside a mustang 8.8 axle. the only changes for the independent rear that were made is the independent ring gear has a step machined into it that holds the circlip for the cv shafts. as far as i know, this wont affect the c clips on a mustang rear. hope this helps, email me @ adamcb4900@aol.com if any other quests.

on a side note, i definitely suggest purchasing a posi rebuild kit for your rear end. i ahd mine done, and what a difference for posi action!! i bough mine at supercoupeperformance.com, but you can get them thru ford performacne parts as well. good luck.

WRX dont knock tell you try

I was on the back road to Hanford last month, cruisin around 100MPH and and watched a WRX turn from a spec in the rearview to 120MPH on my speedo now, and he was in my side window in the passing lane now at 130 Pegged and he blasted on by me, In his Subaru....................... that was Sad

Some mustangs have 31 spline axles (no idea which ones), while all TBirds use 28. So check on that.

thanks for the replies

Im gonna get a rebuild kit for it and give it a shot I figure If I tear it out and rebuild it I can at least sell it if it doesnt work.

Back