The Time Is Near...........

tbirdsc357

Weather looks like it will be nice to us this year.....hopefully :)

I have not been on the boards much lately so what's everyone up to? Any plans to hit the track while we still have the nice cool air? St Thomas opens on April 3............

http://stthomasdragway.com/schedule.html

Anyone planning to go to the dyno soon?

Goody, goody, goody!!!!!

Wait a minute, my car already IS out! Oh well.

Goody, goody, goody!

Can't wait to see over a dozen SC's flocking together in the various parking lots.

St. Thomas? I'm waiting on a reply from them to see if they'll be open this year.

BTW - love the new sig!;) You managed to capture the pearl effect perfectly.....and the wife's curves, if you don't mind my sayin' so.

Steve,

Nice to hear from you! I see you updated your website also, very nice job. I still need to get you to make a signature pic for me, when I get around to sending some pics.

I would like to get to the track before Carlisle again this year, and I will certainly be headed back to the dyno on more than one occasion. I will not have the car together, however, until the end of April by the looks of it.

At least, once I get the new wheels and brakes on. ;)

Good to hear from you Steve.

This year should be good for me as well even so I will not be racing or doing any dyno runs till some time in may as I need to brake my new clutch in.

It's SC time

I can't wait to bring out the SC again!!!

Ed just left here a little while ago, after dropping off my new rims and tires. I'll finally be deserving of the avatar I've been sporting since I fell in luv with those '03 Cobra wheels way back when!

...Now I just need to get the hub swap completed, so I can bolt them up.

I'll try to get some pics later of the wheels in my garage, but I'm sure they won't look as good as they would on my car!

Cheers,

Sean

Sean, it's been a while.....can't wait to see them on you car. What size are the rims?

Post some pics soon.....any new mods to the engine over the winter?

Steve,

The new wheels can't be installed until I complete the bolt circle swap. I hope to take care of that in the next two or three weeks, but it's a big job because you have to address the brakes at the same time. For now, I'll most likely be installing some Mark VIII rotors up front after having them redrilled. I'll stick with redrilled stock SC rotors out back.

These are authentic SVT '03 Cobra wheels in 17"x9". They're the machined aluminum finish. I'm running a pair of Firestone SZ50's on the rears in 275-40-17 size, and a pair of Firestone SZ50EP's up front in 255-45-17 size.

Here's a quick pic I snapped just a few minutes ago...

Cheers,

Sean

Attachments

• \'03 cobra wheels - 001_640x480.jpg
    \'03 cobra wheels - 001_640x480.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 103
If anyone's handy with Photoshop, perhaps you could work the magic on this shot?!...

Attachments

• \'03 cobra wheels - 003_640x480.jpg
    \'03 cobra wheels - 003_640x480.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 94
Sean,

they look very nice.....ypu should go with the PBR dual piston callipers for the front with some 13" rotors.

All in due time, Steve. ...But probably not this season.

I want to get into a couple of open-track events with Ed through this Summer, and then I'll focus on what the car needs to be more competitive.

I really haven't done any motor mods over the Winter. I don't know that I'll get to any of that this Summer either. We'll have to see how much time I actually get to spend at home. My role at work has changed, and now I'm on the road even more than ever. I'm hoping that it won't be any worse than it is now, as I'm really looking forward to hitting as many SC-related events as possible this year!

Cheers,

Sean

Sean if you have a full side shot of the car I can give it a try.

I know you have one motor mod to do buddy thats your roller rockers.

I did a photshop job of 03's on the 89-93 body. but i reformatted the computer and lost the pic. I'll tell ya one thing though, those rims are frikkin sweet.

Alex,

Thanks, man! I can't wait to show the finished product off!

Jason,

I'll have to see what I can dig up. I've gotta have something suitable here somewhere.

Cheers,

Sean

Bill,

Thanks mang!

This is something that's been a long time in the making. I have to give thanks to Ed Nicholson for passing on a great deal to me, and the guy was even good enough to actually deliver the wheels and tires to me today!!! ...I feel horrible that I couldn't get out of the house long enough to buy the guy lunch!

I just can't wait to get the wheels bolted onto the car, and start snapping pics to share with all of you guys!

Bill, I might need a hand soon to perform the bolt-circle swap. Don't be shocked if you get a call from me soon, buddy!

Cheers,

Sean

No worries, Sean, I appreciate the business for the dealership. Nice sunny day for a drive anyway, even if it was to Hamilton. :p

Those are going to look great on your red car, just that shot with the one sitting up against the car gives us a good idea of how they will look. Guess I should clean the layer of brake dust off my set before the first open-track day ... car will look good for the start of the first session on-track anyway !!

cheers,
Ed N.

Sean,

I'm there....MANG!

Try to give me a little notice, and we'll get that chit done. Even if you run out of time with work, Jason and I would be happy to skip over and do the swap before Carlisle while you're out of town.

Whatever it takes brutha....we'll get it done. :)

Back