Finished FMIC

kenewagner

I got my final pipe back from the chrome shop and fitted in to place. The only thing left is to put the final clamps on some of the hoses and I will be able to start it up. Tomorrow I'll start putting the bumper cover on and clean up the rest of the engine compartment. I thought I would post a picture of it to see If you guys like my idea of a front mount:D

Attachments

• dsc00091.jpg
    dsc00091.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 772
I also shipped a double IC out today to SILVERCOUPE in california that I promised him. He asked for it to be painted black to retain a stock look. I plan to apply my energys now to gettin the car ready for a real nice paint job

Attachments

• dsc00080.jpg
    dsc00080.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 722
Good to see you're getting it all back together, Ken. I know who can help me on my FMIC project inthe future. ;) I'm sure you'll love it when it's totally back together...Do you have plans on taking it up to Scribner in April? I'm not sure if I'll run the new SC or not. Maybe once or twice down the strip...:D Looks good. Can't wait to see it all in person. Just curious, did you go with the smaller AC condensor or did you gut the AC system altogether?

Sorry silvercoupe, I ment silverbird. I will be getting another IC core so I will have two. I want to make another double IC like the picture I posted so I can pay for part of the new tires I got. I had wanted to have everthing back together sooner as I want to paint the car so I can enjoy it when the weather is better. I hope to be in Scribner to see what it will do in the 1/4 mile. :) I modified the radiator bracket so I could drop the condenser just enough to run the top tube. So I have AC. Its hot here in Nebraska

That's cool. I'd love to see some dyno gains. Would you ever consider selling your design as a kit?

It would be hard to sell a kit. I have a raised hood so the top is extra tall. I had to move the battery to the trunk, which I really like anyway. The radiator housing had to be modified to lower the condenser to run the piping. Had to relocate the window washer, horn and modify just about everything in the front to make it all work. Although I really have little money invested in it. There are a lot of hours fitting and than refitting. The one thing I dont like right now is the space where the battery use to sit. All the wiring is out in the open and and I just dont like that. I was thinking of fabricating something to cover that area that would have quick release pins to access the fuse box and wiring

I think there is going to be a few there in April. I'm planning on at least the '92. I'd like the wife to bring the '89, but I don't think that she will. Hopefully this summer or so I will be ready to start my custom FMIC. I think that it will be a little bit easier than yours, but of course, a bit more expensive too. I'll get with you when I think that I may be starting it soon.

Great job! Again, I can't wait to see it in person and in action!

You need to sell that intercooler as a kit for all year SCs.

Price it around $1000-$1200, and you could take over the market.

I modified th top my self, extending it 1.5 inches. I had it chromed to match the pipes. The pipes are steel 2.5" tubeing mandreled bends that I bought, cut and welded together. When I had everything fitted and cleaned up I had them chromed as well. I had done some favors for a local chrome shop so they did the top and pipes for me free. Can't get any better than that.

The engine does need some more cleaning up. I would like to get some nice alum pullys and clean up the engine itself. It will get better with time as I continue to work on it

Still Doesn,t Answer My ???

kenewagner said:
I modified th top my self, extending it 1.5 inches. I had it chromed to match the pipes. The pipes are steel 2.5" tubeing mandreled bends that I bought, cut and welded together. When I had everything fitted and cleaned up I had them chromed as well. I had done some favors for a local chrome shop so they did the top and pipes for me free. Can't get any better than that.

The engine does need some more cleaning up. I would like to get some nice alum pullys and clean up the engine itself. It will get better with time as I continue to work on it
ARE BOTH CONECTORS THE SAME CAN,T SEE BOTTOM ONE :eek: :confused: :( :cool: :D

Freddie: I will try to take some pictures of the lower tubeing coming from the IC. The lower connection comes out on the same side as the top. I tried to take a lot of pictures of it in progress, I just have to sort through them

Back