Anyone have a 70mm MAF?

lazybird4pt6

I think it's pretty self-explanatory. The unit MUST be stock. NO drilling of the sampling tube and NO removal of the 'restrictive' post.

Yeah, yeah, I know, I know. What about your stock one? Don't you already have a C&L.....the stock one is ported and I need a proper 'baseline' for comparison with my tuning.

Anyone? Something reasonable out there? You know me, SCCoO preferred to avoid shipping.

Andrew, you can borrow mine, but I want it back. It doesn't have the electronics, just the housing, but I think that's all you want right?

Thanks, Paul. I have the same offer with Les, who currently has my ported unit in his car (trunk?) Maybe you can help. I'm thinking that with the power i'm looking at making I won't need a MAF....at all.
Right now, I want to datalog with stock, ported and the C&L. I need to see how close (yeah, right) i'm coming to pegging the meter. I'n n/a form, with all the goodies, i'm thinking that i'll come close, but not peg. So, if i'm not gonna peg it then i'm not gonna need it. That can be sold for something else. Unfortunately, the timing of all this doesn't work worth a crap, so unless i've got the stuff on, I can't see if it will peg or not. Know what I mean? I know you do. Regardless, i'll have to wait to see what happens.

I'm going to contact a few of the porters i'm thinking about dealing with to get their opinion. Maybe because i've already got a MAF i'll get an un-biased opinion (they won't need to sell me one, unless they say "You need a 100mm blow-thru, blah blah blah - LOL!).

:confused:

Sounds good Andrew I have wondered what my car will dyno with out the 76MM maf I have a felling it will all most be the same. That was one mod I did not feel to much of a gain from same with the 5% overdrive the only thing I felt was power came on faster then befor.
I would real like to see your dyno numbers with a stock to a C&L.

Andrew, I will see if I still have my stock MAF, if so you can have it........that's if you don't have one by then.

No, no, no. Not dyno numbers.....voltage numbers.

There's a lot more to an upgraded MAF than most poeple think/know. The effects that installing an aftermarket MAF are numerous. The 'biggest' thing a MAF does to increase hp is to lean it out, the engine that is. What I want to see is how much the C&L is leaning out my car, compared to the stock MAF, in terms of voltage. I'm thinking right now, with what i've seen in my datalog's, that it's leaned out the AFR by about 4%. Now, while that does help to increase hp (lean is mean - yeah, to your pistons!) it has other effects that can be regarded as either good, or no good. Especially with automatics!

I need to compare the before and after effects before I can really get into tuning my car properly. The way things stand right now, I can probably make more power without the C&L. To do this accurately I need a stock 70mm unported MAF.....the way the car was designed. This is one of the keys to making more hp efficiently.

Hope I didn't loose you, or anyone else for that matter.

Lazy, you can borrow, use mine for what ever time line you need it for. I have a another MAF kicking around here, so I won't be out anything. Call me or email me if you want this sucka....(by sucka I mean the MAF);)

I see now Andrew vary good point yes thats true the C&L makes more power be leaning your car out thats why a lot of guys have had to get a tune done after to but more fuel back in. I think this might be more a problem with an SC car then with a NA one from what I have been reading on this in the past. but any how I would still like to see some numbers you get from trying this.

Now I might know the reason I did not fell a gain is because my car is all ready running over lee Rich so this only lowred it a little.

I have learned to much today brain over load.:eek:

Back