burnt tranny part 3

darkstar_one

ok so i figured out why my tranny burnt... according to my mechanic (my dad) he said that something blocked the cooler lines and restricted the flow of fluid to the radiator and caused the tranny to burn... hmmm should i believe him or what?

well.....what exactly blocked the cooler lines?........whatever it is must have come from inside the tranny in the first place....like metal shavings or clutch material..... which means that the blocked cooler lines are more likely a RESULT of the problem , rather than the CAUSE of the problem..... but once it's baked down it's hard to say. One of the biggest causes of AOD failure is an improperly adjusted or broken TV (throttle valve) cable. that is not simply a 'kick down' cable like on many older automatics, it also controls the upshift points and firmness of the shifts.....if the cable is not adjusted right, the trans will slip, generating excess heat, which will in turn burn the tranny up.....and then all the burnt clutch material that flakes off can end up in the cooler lines.

anything is possible with an aod, my OD drum one way clutch exploded, go figure. anyways i have a built aod that i had on ebay that didnt sell and willing to sell it for 450+shipping has no miles on it email me for any q's

Back