Tom Morana Valve Springs?

cheeriosluvr

I was reading on his website, and hisStage 3 plus head package says, new stronger Crane Valve springs. anyone konw what part # he is using??

todd

My guess would be these:

Crane Cams Valve Springs: CRA.99833 1.440 dia. 95# @ 1.703"

He wasn't using Crane springs when he did my heads a couple of years ago. I found these and sent them to him. It's what I'm running.

still a 1.73 rocker ratio?? im going to be using a Comp Cam Regrind : 210/220 duration and .491" lift.

also what retainer should be used with these??

todd

Last edited:
That's about the same cam I have, and I'm using Tom's 1.73 adjustable rockers. Stock retainers.

Doug,what stage head did you get from morana?Are you happy with the outcome?Comments?Thanks for your feedback.

kws6000 said:
Doug,what stage head did you get from morana?Are you happy with the outcome?Comments?Thanks for your feedback.

I didn't get anything from Morana, Tom @ SuperSix did mine.

I didn't get a "Stage" head. He didn't have them available for SC's.

I sent him my heads and intake for porting. Other than the fact that he ruined one of my heads, and I had to find another set for him to finish (he did paid for the new heads), the results were OK.

Well, apparantly, I'm an idiot.

When this thread started, I saw "Tom", "heads" and "Crane springs", and responded.

I have no experience with Morana, the "Tom" I was referring to is the "Tom" at Super Six Mororsports.

Sorry if I confused anyone other than myself :eek:

Back