belt system

bigmo2u

I am looking to know how the beltsystem on SC is set up. i have seen an over view but I am curious as to how sc is driven. I know it sounds stupid but I don't own a sc but have a supercharger from a T-Bird.

Dont do it. The thing wont be worth the trouble. The thing needs too much modification to work unless you dont try to make it a factory sc. The crank has two belt grooves on it. The back one has a short belt that goes to a JACKSHAFT pully. From there it turns the jackshaft pully (also with two belt grooves) that turns the other belt for the sc.

I agree - Don't do it. Too many changes. But here is a picture of the belt system just for the blower. There is one long belt that drives everything else on the engine not shown in the picture.
The engine in the picture is a 90. Don't know about the other years.

http://members.cox.net/mechanicdbd/blower_belts.JPG

dbd

Last edited:
Chris Walker said:
Dont do it. The thing wont be worth the trouble. The thing needs too much modification to work unless you dont try to make it a factory sc. The crank has two belt grooves on it. The back one has a short belt that goes to a JACKSHAFT pully. From there it turns the jackshaft pully (also with two belt grooves) that turns the other belt for the sc.

Chris thanks for your suggestions but the project is already in the works. I see that we live in the same town!

I didnt even see that. What do you need in order to be convinced it should not be done? Just do a search and Im sure you can find several reasons not to do the mod.

bigmo-

Listen to what Chris has to say.

If you're talking about a Tbird that has a naturally aspirated V6, there are a number of differences between the motors, such as crank, rods, pistons, EEC-then you throw in the design of the radiator/intercooler-by the time you finish gathering all of the parts, you may as well have bought an entire car.

Same with using an Eaton M90 for a V8-with the rear intake M90 you'll have to fabricate a manifold-that will eat some available cash.

I wanted to put a huffer on my V8-but the cold hard reality is that you're better off buying an SC with some minor issues and repairing those-at least then you have all of the nice amenities to go along with the power.

I know that chris know what he is talking about at this point the process is already on it's way. I am with a company call New Age Tuning and we are developing Kit using m90 blower to be used on mustang v6's. Yes the internals are different as well as the heads. So far we are able to get almost everything at cost. I am getting ready to start the process of rebuilding a v6 with forged internal.

I appreciate all your concerns and I am sure I will be back for more of your input.

I have a spare car and many of the parts Im gonna keep. Lemme know if you need anything else.

Chris.

P.S. where are you gonna put the knock sensor and is the motor your puten the charger on the split port style head?

Chris - Thanks for offer on the parts. The knock sensor I am not sure where that will go and the heads will be from a spilt port. I am putting the basic internal parts together and I have another guy (speedkills) that is doing the designing and fabricating to make the blower fit. I will let you know when we have everything together and let you look at it.

I am doing the one engine here out of my house and the other is being done in Texas by another guy. The Brains/designer is in Overland park. If all goes well i will be openning a shop though.

Craig

Im pullin one out of a Cougar (NA) and I saw the place for the knock sensor on the pass side below the engine mount. Hope this helps some.

Chris

Back