Why is it always so dead in here?

This is not the chatline.............people usually posts if they have a question or something to add to a topic.

When I saw the title to this thread, I felt I had to respond...

;)

Well, I have failed miserably to maintain my post count quota over the past two months. Personally, I've been very busy at work, and haven't been able to keep up with the boards during the day. Also, there's been a lot going on at home lately and my weekends have been pretty much occupied with doing family-type stuff. As a result, I haven't been around here much.

As for most everyone else, I think it's fairly normal that we see a bit of a slow-down with everyone posting through the Winter months. Many of us put the SC's away for the messy months, and pretty much forget about them until the good weather arrives again.

I think you'll find it much more 'hoppin' around here in about another month and a half! ...Then everyone will be busy planning for the trek to Carlisle for the All-Ford Nationals again!

If you've got a question that you want an answer to, feel free to post it. You can expect that if someone knows the answer, you'll get a response soon enough.

Best regards,

Sean

SeanMatteson said:
When I saw the title to this thread, I felt I had to respond...

;)

Well, I have failed miserably to maintain my post count quota over the past two months. Personally, I've been very busy at work, and haven't been able to keep up with the boards during the day. Also, there's been a lot going on at home lately and my weekends have been pretty much occupied with doing family-type stuff. As a result, I haven't been around here much.

As for most everyone else, I think it's fairly normal that we see a bit of a slow-down with everyone posting through the Winter months. Many of us put the SC's away for the messy months, and pretty much forget about them until the good weather arrives again.

I think you'll find it much more 'hoppin' around here in about another month and a half! ...Then everyone will be busy planning for the trek to Carlisle for the All-Ford Nationals again!

If you've got a question that you want an answer to, feel free to post it. You can expect that if someone knows the answer, you'll get a response soon enough.

Best regards,

Sean

Can't wait till I get my bird then, I'll be coming to Carlisle every year :D

.....that coming from the SCCoO's original post-whore - LOL!!!!!! J/K, but it was good.

Sean's right. Out of sight, out of mind, if the car's away, people don't play.

We don't usually 'shoot the chit' as much as other forums, even other boards. I regularly visit a board that see's about 25 posts a day (!!!!), and that's just one board! It's insane. On the other hand, I also visit a forum that see's 2-3 posts per day (of course, the one I need the most - LOL!). I like to think we're a little more 'relaxed' up here.;)

BTW - not to burst your bubble, but I hope that 427 starts it's life as a 351 that gets stroked - that's the only way it will happen.:)

lazybird4pt6 said:
BTW - not to burst your bubble, but I hope that 427 starts it's life as a 351 that gets stroked - that's the only way it will happen.:)

We'll see. My original idea was swap out for a 302, give it a lil' boost with a supercharger, not a big one just something good for about 100-150hp. Give it some better breathing with headers, air intake, etc. Then for a lil' boot in the nanny, give it a lil juice.

StillmaticSC said:
We'll see. My original idea was swap out for a 302, give it a lil' boost with a supercharger, not a big one just something good for about 100-150hp. Give it some better breathing with headers, air intake, etc. Then for a lil' boot in the nanny, give it a lil juice.

I like this guy already! Pushrods and a bottle - what a beautiful thing!

Okay, you're 15, so you have a little time before you even get your driver's license (not making a stab, just pointing out facts). Take advantage of the opportunity you DO have and use it wisely - there's a lot to learn. Don't be afraid to ask questions from us 'old farts' (GD kids - LOL!), after all, "we" have a few tricks of our own! The biggest one is experience .

Glad to see a new, albeit very young, face here.

lazybird4pt6 said:
I like this guy already! Pushrods and a bottle - what a beautiful thing!

Okay, you're 15, so you have a little time before you even get your driver's license (not making a stab, just pointing out facts). Take advantage of the opportunity you DO have and use it wisely - there's a lot to learn. Don't be afraid to ask questions from us 'old farts' (GD kids - LOL!), after all, "we" have a few tricks of our own! The biggest one is experience .

Glad to see a new, albeit very young, face here.

I was brought up on V8s and high performance, my dad taught me well :D

I forget who it was, but I've seen quite a few videos from one member of the SCCoO, the old president. He demolished alot of people, except for that RX7. New goal: Find that RX7 and teach him what a Tbird can do

:p

OK
I have bluejeans older than 15 yrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And he probably knows more about these cars than I do, as a resident old fart.

Brought up well, yes you were. That means you should buy an LX! They, unlike SC's, DO have 8 cylinders. (where's Mike when you need him?!?! probably sitting in a corner - LOL! ouch).

Old president? Yeah, he's an 'old fart' too. Vids of him racing??? On the street??:eek: No, not Wayne, he wouldn't do that.;)

You guys couldn't possibly understand how much i'm laughing right now!! (not a mean statement or anything to do with you Christer, old inside jokes, you'll see with time)

Brought up well, yes you were. That means you should buy an LX! They, unlike SC's, DO have 8 cylinders. (where's Mike when you need him?!?! probably sitting in a corner - LOL! ouch).
don't listen to him, get the sc!

You could pick up an LX and make it look like an SC

I never thought at my age I would be called an old fart.:mad:

Back