Fibor backed blockers pic`s

scbird1

I did not know what the differance was but I think this pic makes it clear. I thought someone had changed these in my trans. they may be brass but the fibor part is on the inside. This trans is a snap to rebuild well for me anyway. A lot easer then the 4r70w or the AOD. Now to find these syncro rings.

CaifanSC you don't need any special tools to rebuilt a manual tran. I just got mine done today and trying put it back on the SC. scbird1 those are stock fiber synchro blockers ,I have 2 good used ones at garage ,you can have them for free, just stop by my houseCalifanSC scbird1

Thanks but I have 4 new ones from from ford as they were all a little worn. The hardest part was removeing one bearing from the rear shaft but after a lot of jiggling it all came out. Its not bad at all as long as you get the parts back in correct order. It should be in the car by wendsday as we still need to mount the clutch peddle and master cylender. You wouldnt happen to have a spare speedo gear? The one on the output shaft inside the trans.

wrong flywheel

I don't have an extra speedo gear. I've tried to put my brand new SPEC alum. flywh. few mins ago and it's got 8-bolt patern. I think they sent me wrong flywheel , I know mus. cobra has 8-bolt..... my stock SC flywh. has 6-bolt

Ok now, anyone looking for Ford part#`s for fibor backed syncro rings, here it is. I looked all over this #. This is for 1-4 only. Im not sure but I think 5 is the same but reverse is smaller.

Attachments

• pict0025.jpg
    pict0025.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 85
Back