Just an idea

StillmaticSC

Next year, you guys should invade Speed-o-rama with your Thunderbirds :D

As you can see, I'm trying to make the forums more active...okay, okay, you caught me, I lied, I'm tryin to steal Jason's posistion as resident post whore :eek:

I think you have to have your car in that, not to mention it's a ricefest. I think I'll stick to the ford shows, hopefully we can get a big turn out at the GTAMC show.

Speed-o-rama is not a rice fest any more if any thing it's 40% rice 60% real cars. when I was there this year I was talking to one of the dealers about car parts and how this show no longer had rice. He said how about 2 years ago it was an allmost all rice show well on the sunday after the show had closed all the people that were there such as vendenders went to the people that run the show and said if there was not less rich for the show next year there not coming back. So this is what changed the show back to what it was in the mid 90's (Yes I'm a so called old Fart)

AS for me being a post whore all I can say is I'm not the only one Look at Sean and Bill they both have over 1000 post more then me. One day I might over take them geting closer to Sean all the time.

We get together almost every week and do our own 'car show'. We don't need no stinkin' building. T'Birds are a better then that.;)
Besides, it's more fun to wait untill afterwads and pick on them on the drive home - LOL!!

HAHA! I could so picture a big group of Thunderbird picking on a group of rice-boys...maybe we should like show up at the local Rice hangout :eek:

Going to the drag strip is cool. But in some places the cops now pull over anything that looks fast or might be racing.
I dont think most people want to deal with that pain in the AZZ kind of thing I know I dont.

Christer,

You can call it whatever you like, but let me tell you this...

If it happens to you, you had better hope your car is strictly by the book, because if not, then you're going to come away from the experience with at least a ticket for something stupid, like your windows being tinted too dark. If you decide to give some attitude to the cop, you'll be lucky if they don't tow your car away!

...This has been the latest thing - harrassing all car enthusiasts because a couple of idiots have spoiled it for the rest. When you talk about "picking on some Civics", or "a little SC on SC fun", remember that sort of thing is what has led to incidents in the past where innocent people have died or been maimed. It's because of that stuff that many of us can't even leave the dragstrip now without being harrassed for having a car that looks like it might be fast. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for having fun, but the rice crowd has really brought a lot of this upon themselves. I don't care to go down that road.

Regards,

Sean

SeanMatteson said:
Christer,

You can call it whatever you like, but let me tell you this...

If it happens to you, you had better hope your car is strictly by the book, because if not, then you're going to come away from the experience with at least a ticket for something stupid, like your windows being tinted too dark. If you decide to give some attitude to the cop, you'll be lucky if they don't tow your car away!

...This has been the latest thing - harrassing all car enthusiasts because a couple of idiots have spoiled it for the rest. When you talk about "picking on some Civics", or "a little SC on SC fun", remember that sort of thing is what has led to incidents in the past where innocent people have died or been maimed. It's because of that stuff that many of us can't even leave the dragstrip now without being harrassed for having a car that looks like it might be fast. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for having fun, but the rice crowd has really brought a lot of this upon themselves. I don't care to go down that road.

Regards,

Sean

This sucks royally, can't even have a modified car. ****, I might as well take the bus for the rest of my life then :(

Owwww. Poh-poh, Sean. Give him a break. He'll find out.....the hard way, i'm sure. (relax, I know it's serious)

Christer - cops are not fun. Period!

StillmaticSC said:
This sucks royally, can't even have a modified car. ****, I might as well take the bus for the rest of my life then :(

No, you can still own a modified car, but you don't want to draw too much attention to yourself. If you're going to play the game with some 'not quite legal' mods, then you had better plan to steer clear of situations where you know the police will be out in force. That includes most if not all of the rice meets, and perhaps even track days at Toronto Motorsports Park, from what I've been hearing.

Sean

So whats the point of having a fast car if I can't take it out on the streets for the fear of being pulled over and also not being able to take it to T.M.P?

Back