ESM or MP porting?

91BLOWNSC

Alright guys, Im looking into getting my 95 supercharger ported but i am unaware of all my options, and which one is the best. I have heard of both the ESM one and the Magnum powers one. If I correctly understood the MP site, you send them your old SC, and for 500 dollars they send you a rebuilt ported one. Is this correct or am I off track? Is it worth it, or could the porting be done by myself? Any info is great, thanks!

$800 with a old core and they will send you a rebuilt, ported blower.

The topic of ESM porting VS. MP porting has been going on for awhile with both sides giving valid points but when it comes down to it don't asume something till you've seen dynos.

The most powerful SC(THAT WE HAVE DYNO NUMBERS FOR)..Chriss Wise has an ESM ported blower...What does that mean nothing...The argument about MP vrs ESM is ongoing...

My opinion?

Buy a magnum powers inlet..SEND that inlet and your 94-95 blower to ESM for porting..That is the best combo by far in My opinion

Cool thanks guys....

Does ESM have a website I can go to and view? Thanks again!

Edit: alright i found there website...but it seems that its going to run around 1100 dollars. Thing is, I already have the MP inlet plenum so I wouldn't need that, and it says i HAVE to purchase a complete rebuild. I don't know if I want to spend that kind of money. Can't it be ported by MP for 350 dollars?

I see that they have the "standard Porting" listed on the MP site and its 290 dollars. They said it is similair to the S-porting. Does this make it comparable to the kind of porting ESM does?
Or better yet, if I do have the porting done by MP, is the 290 dollar job the one I want done?

Last edited:
Actually, the site is very dated and I will be making time tomorrow night to get it cleaned up. Please contact me directly for details.

Paul
562-307-5959

I would suggest calling Charles and talking to him about how the $290 porting compares to the S-port. If you are looking for an effective boost without breaking the bank this one should do it. I am running a stock S-port on my car and it makes as much HP as anyone else with similar other mods, so I don't think that airflow is going to be a problem on the MP ported 94 blower.

Comparisons of blower efficency at 18psi and up is not really relevant anyhow, since it only takes about 15psi to make 350+rwhp on pump gas. Keep also in mind that you aren't going to make peak HP above 5500 rpm unless you dump a ton of money into your motor.

hmm...

Excellent. Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah dave, I will be e-mailing both places I beleive, and weighing my option as far as getting the most for my money. I am also trying to gather info on how each one performs or if they were satisfied with it. Thats the problem with these forums, most everything is opinion and I don't know which was is up and down!!!

Was the S-porting the first available porting for the superchargers? I don't plan on making anywhere close to that much HP dave. Attending college full time, and working part time, I cannot afford a lot.

But anyways, thanks again guys.

Back