oh, and another thing

ThunderDave

I need youz guyz help. My wife and I have been having this disagreement since we met.

She thinks the saying is: "you've got another think coming". I on the other hand think it is: "you've got another thing coming.

Whose right? Think or thing????

Thanks,

David

your wife is beautyfull and loves you and gives you sex ,

Id just say she is right and avoid the sofa.

we dont always have to be right .
its better to be thought wrong and sleep with a loving woman ,
than to be right and sleep on a cold sofa.

but yeah i think thing is correct I think wait I have another think comming so maybe its think. ah forget it just give the wife a kiss and forget it .

dont fight over stupid stuff fight over who loves who most and prove it everyday, but what do I know ive only been with m,y woman for 23yrs , my rules are kiss her azz everyday in every way .

lol Im p whipped. meow

So sorry!!

In this particular argument your beautiful bride is correct. That statement "you've got another think coming" is the second part of a saying. It follows "if you THINK you're going to do such and such". Meaning you better think again. This is a very old saying, as my dear old mother used to tell me that when I was a young kid, and I'm now 63. John

^^his may have been the way it was at one point, but language evolves. These day's the correct usage of the term would be "you have another thing coming", "thing" as in you may be expecting cake, but your a$$ is getting gruel. :)

think vs. thing

What great replies and do we know more now than we did before? Manny, how do you know my beautiful wife is giving me sex? Do you know something I don't know, lol. This is more of just a disagreement than an arguement, we don't really fight about it, just disagree.

I believe it is "thing" because of the Judas Priest song " You've got another thing coming". Maybe in the past it was "think", like John stated. But like LightY3erZ said, languge evolves and new words are used to mean old things.

I do belive Manny is right though, I think I'll just kiss her, even though she might be wrong. lol

Anyone else have an idea of which is correct?

David

One life I'm gonna live it up
I'm takin' flight I said i'll never get enough
Stand tall I'm young and kinda proud
I'm on top as long as the music's loud

If you think I'll sit around as the world goes by
You're thinkin' like a fool cause it's a case of do or die
Out there is a fortune waitin' to be had
You think I'll let it go you're mad
You've got another thing comin'

Yahh baby... Judas PREIST!

And based on the popularity of Google results, the winner is...

search for "you've got another think coming": 866 results
search for "you've got another thing coming": 4180 results

It's skewed by all those Judas Priest references, although even without that it gets 2630 results.

Back