H-Town MEET April 3

Still Crusin

Hope that isn't too short of notice, but looks like first weekend in April will work best for me to host.

I just need an idea of how many coming and how many that need a place to stay overnight.

If you plan on coming Fri, Apr 2, that's ok. I'll just need a time.

For those that have no clue where I live, I'm in Dickinson, TX

about half way between Houston and Galveston, about 8 miles east of I-45.

I am ther Rick. Mind if I sleep out in the car, so I don't have to drive all the way back to Conroe? Would like to show up Friday if some o the guys are gonna show up.

The first weekend of every month is drill. If work doesn't keep us to late, then I'd like to come by for a couple of hours on Saturday evening.

I should be able to make that. I have to get with the Warden first........I should be due some Yard Time around then!

If I can make it, I will be that Friday around 8pm! I don't want to put you out Rick, if need be, I can get a cheapo room as some local dive!

Calvin

Hey guys, how you been? Vernon turned me on to this link. I’ll be in Iowa working for a couple of weeks until Easter weekend so I’ll end up missing this one too. Haven’t done much SC’in for the last year. The 93 is STILL on jacks in the garage waiting on me to put her engine in! Gotta get it done when I get back from Iowa cause were planning on selling our house pretty quick like and moving to Magnolia.
One of these days I’ll quit coming up with excuses and get to show up for a change. Thanks Vernon for keeping me in mind. Glad to see all the gang is still together. You all have a good time.

Might not make it. Changed CPSensor and Dampener/Pulley last weekend. Drove it 200 miles this week. Going home yesterday, she developed a horrible grinding sound. Immediately turned engine off and coasted to shoulder. Tow truck to the house. Removed all belts, cranked it up, doesn't sound like a rod "knocking", but more like metal to metal grinding. I previous owner, who built the engine, will come by tonight to listen to it. I really hope the entire engine doesn't have to be pulled.

Thoughts, throw-out bearing, main bearing, heads/cam.

I talked to my local SCer friend David today at at traffic light (I was turning left so we didn't get to run 'em - lol) and he said he's considering going. But at this rate we might as well consider a different date. If so that doesn't mean you get out of hosting Rick! But at least 40% of the expected turnout has canceled at this point. If the rest still want to do it I'll surely be there.

Jeff's a wuss! Even worse he drives an El Diablo and wants to restore the Devil hood graphics.

It's starting to look like SC country in Magnolia, once Steve gets out here with his two there will be about 8 local and several more close by. It's a good idea since that's where the SC mechanic is.

Calvin are you going to the Ford Bastards Spring Run? I saw you on the tentative list. I would but the '91' s a short range car and the '94 is still down due to hub damage. And no I haven't started on the '95 tranny swap. I did fix the RX-7 up and put it back into service and have obtained a replacement '94 Cobra rim and lugs. So I'm not being a total loser like um...Jeff. LOL

Vernon

Least I got enough skills to know that new rims have to be retorqued after time. Lol

Hey I still have a lot going on over here so cut a brotha some slack.

Jeff

Would love to come down, but I have folks in from my company all week before the 3rd. Hmmm..

Vernon I may not be in a SC in Austin, April 17. Van again? I did take my lame 95 to the Hooters meet outside Dallas. Actually drove it for a week which was soo good as van blew the tranny. But unless I have a 89 or 90 running.... RX7 is fine. Every MSR meet someone brings a Vet or something because the Ford is down.

I wish you guys would come up. Of course the biggy I think will be June 11-13 at MSR and now the Kennedale strip (Ennis is closed June 13) We are about to announce that up here and invite all I think. I asked that we get Calvin in the loop on all our plans. Guess we have ignored in the past. Trying though.

Anyway if I go April 17 to Austin I will bring wife. So we won't do the Run but do some site seeing, The Oasis and walk 6th I guess. Maybe a SC but it would be one I am sort of embarresed about showing and leaks ATF pretty good.

PS: tripntx, I have a 91 that I bet sounds the same. Pretty sure not throw out. Underhood and believe a main or cam bearing. But I have had mains knock like a rod. With 162K looks like a differnt engine.

Last edited:
Vernon said:
Calvin are you going to the Ford Bastards Spring Run? I saw you on the tentative list. I would but the '91' s a short range car and the '94 is still down due to hub damage. And no I haven't started on the '95 tranny swap. I did fix the RX-7 up and put it back into service and have obtained a replacement '94 Cobra rim and lugs. So I'm not being a total loser like um...Jeff. LOL

Vernon
I haven't rule out going up to Austin for that weekend, the only thing actually holding me back is the 10hr drive for a Day of SC'n.....

Calvin

Doug, Calvin, I got my calander mixed up last night and thought the Spring Run was tomorrow. I was a month ahead of myself. I was wondering how it snuck up on me when I was thinking about making it earlyer.

In any case I will have the 94 SC repaired by then. If things are on the up and up financially around here next month I will go to the Austin run.

Hey Doug, I know were you can pick up a decent '91 SHO for $1500. It's a customers extra car they stopped using a while back. It needs tires and AC but the clutch is fresh and it runs good, they've got a good mechanic. :D Then you could run with your buddies of all makes. LOL

Vernon

Vernon said:
Jeff's a wuss! Even worse he drives an El Diablo and wants to restore the Devil hood graphics.
Vernon
Let's not even get started with the El Diablo.........we should be asking WHEN will he actually have an SC that moves under it's own power!!! LOL

So Jeff, what is the the status with you and your SC love triangle?

Calvin

Last edited:
Vernon said:
Doug, Calvin, I got my calander mixed up last night and thought the Spring Run was tomorrow. I was a month ahead of myself. I was wondering how it snuck up on me when I was thinking about making it earlyer.
Vernon
LOL!!!

Calvin

Steve Ruhl said:
Hey guys, how you been? Vernon turned me on to this link. I’ll be in Iowa working for a couple of weeks until Easter weekend so I’ll end up missing this one too. Haven’t done much SC’in for the last year. The 93 is STILL on jacks in the garage waiting on me to put her engine in! Gotta get it done when I get back from Iowa cause were planning on selling our house pretty quick like and moving to Magnolia.
One of these days I’ll quit coming up with excuses and get to show up for a change. Thanks Vernon for keeping me in mind. Glad to see all the gang is still together. You all have a good time.
Hey Steve, Glad to see your still SC'n! Maybe we could do a meet to help with the install of the engine.......would be a great learning experience for me and I'm sure for a few others.

When will you be back in H-Town again? And for how long? I believe we may have to re-think those dates, so the turn out would be better.....

Calvin

H-TOWN MEET POSTPONED

I'll agree to host another weekend. But it more than likely won't be till May. As soon as I come up with another date, I'll pass it on.

Vernon said:
Hey Doug, I know were you can pick up a decent '91 SHO for $1500. It's a customers extra car they stopped using a while back. It needs tires and AC but the clutch is fresh and it runs good, they've got a good mechanic. :D Then you could run with your buddies of all makes. LOL
Vernon

"Oh Vern, How could you!" JK :D

Naw that would make me look like I am admiting the SHO is better than an SC to them. I COULD have had a company SHO instead of an SC back when we got the 95. So maybe I will totally isolate myself and dare I stick a V8 in an SC? :D Maybe a couple of V8 SCs to go along with my 3.8SCs. :D

Vernon, seriously I have thought about it but I just don't want one when it comes down to it. Don't have the money either with fixing up these birds. Maybe the man should join fordbastards on yahoo group (free) and let them know.

Doug Franklin said:
Vernon, seriously I have thought about it but I just don't want one when it comes down to it.
I know that feeling when it comes right down to it, hard walking into a SHO after being exposed to the SC.

I looked at a bright yellow SHO for a commute beater, I believe an 89, did a walk around and notice that the center console and some of the interior was missing. So the guys walks up and tells me that it was a project car from the previous owner. Anyways, he tells me all the interior parts were in the trunk and he wanted 2k. It was a pretty rough car, but had a nice pretty banana yellow paint job.

I will say that I do like the late 90's model SHO, would be a good car for the wifey!

Calvin

Back