Shifter Kit for 4.6????

You mean like a Ratchet shifter, to replace the handle inside the car???????

Or a "shift kit", which recalibrates the valvebody inside the transmission???????

Please clarify.

Sorry I was so vague.....I meant a kit that recalibrates the valvebody inside the transmission.

Dumb as a Red Brick

Matt

Your house has red brick's???? You must be rich - LOL!!!

Yes. There are two that i'd recommend, and i'm sure that peterdroy, who just so happens to be online at this seemingly 'perfect' time, will recommend the Baumann kit.

First....DON'T but the TransGo kit. Period. It would take to long to explain, please take my word for it. AOD-E and 4R70W trannys should never use these.

One - Baumann ReCal Pro valvebody recalibration kit. Peterdroy has one in each of his SC'c, as do I in my LX.

Two - the ever popular "J-Mod". Designed by the tranny master, himself, the guy that engineered/designed them for Ford.

IMHO, either one of these is the ONLY option you should be looking at. Make sure you get an aftermarket cooler, too. This would be a tremendous advantage in keeping your tranny for a loooong time.

Nope.I am in no great hurry for it. How difficult are these to install and should I have it done professionally?
Thanks foe the info.
BTW....I do have a red brick house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew it, you ARE rich. In that case I can install it for $200 - LOL!!! J/K!!

No, they're not 'hard' to install. It is, however, something that might be better handled by a pro if your mechanical skills are not the best or you're not confident with small bits and pieces. If anything goes wrong, it could really go wrong. I ask if your in a rush for two reasons. One, i'm doing a little research to find out more about one of the kits I mention. It may, or may not, be that good either. I have reason to believe the later. The J-Mod is absolute....NO problems. Two, if I can time it correctly, I can drop off the badges and install the kit, if you'd like. Been there, done that. You supply the car and the garage (you have at least a one car garage, being rich, I assume?LOL), I can take care of the rest in a day. Heck, i'll even get the parts from Ed. He's closer to me then you.

Think about it......P.M. response. ;)

hah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont even have a friggin garage........I have a six car driveway though. And no, I am not confident in my mechanical skills at all, and I would really appreciate any help I could get. I will try and scam a garage to use, friend has an autobody shop I might be able to use. Let me know what the price is going to be.
Again, thanks for all the help.
BTW.what tools will we need?

We will need the tools that I bring. High tech stuff, you know. Snap ring pliers is the most 'complicated' piece of equipment required. Oddly enough, a good flat blade works, too - LOL! Ed's already got a list of what's needed to do the J-Mod. I'll go over it with him and HE will contact YOU with any pricing concerns. I'll take care of that (the arrangements, that is).
I can't believe you don't have a garage.:confused: Oh well. IF you can arrange a "real and proper" garage that would be cool, but it's not a necessity. When I did mine the car was on jack stands. It's almost easier, in a strange kinda way. Weather permitting, though.
I'm booked for the rest of this month. The absolute earliest I can do this is the second weekend of April (10th & 11th). Check your schedule and see what's good for you.

Andrew How do you ever have time to work on your car it sounds like your working on all the other members cars.:confused:

Actually, the 'work on my car' has been me living on the computer here for the last two weeks. I've been doing a TON of searching/reading on tuning stuff. My brain hurts.:confused:
This weekend is 'someones' car (he'll be posting for help soon), next weekend is my buddy Chris, HOPEFULLY the weekend after is my new toy (no, not the top end), followed by....maybe Matt. I'm sure this year will be my busiest yet, due mostly to the tuning i'll be doing. Kinda lookin' sketchy for the top end before Carlisle....i'll probably wait untill after. No biggie. It gives Mike more time to enjoy the 'lime light' - LOL!

Oh, yeah, then there's Ed's stuff, 'our' subframe connectors, Les' wipers, inevitably another HG job.......and there's still all the Track Day's (STILL waiting for a reply), BBQ, maybe another tour......it's all good.;) :D Being busy for the summer makes up for being so LAZY in the winter - yeah, right!

I try to do what I can through the week, like my rear brakes soon. My neighbors think i'm nuts.......they're right.:D

I will check my schedule and get back to you. There is no great hurry for this. Plenty of other things to do. Car goes for paint in May. We can do it at your convenience. I hope to have a SC by then as well, but I am looking for a turnkey car that I can drive for the summer without working on. Later.

Hey Guys

Two things really.....

Andrew, obviously a busy man, but I am in the same boat for the J-mod..... need to do it and am not terribly mechanically inclined..... your help down this way would be much appreciated whenever you may find some time, and I could introduce you to another hooters down here if you haven't been yet??

Matt, BTW where are you getting paint done?? Are you staying with the ford black clearcoat? I am asking cuz my 97 is getting very near needing some help. I want to stay with the black clearcoat still. Let me know what your plans are.... thanks....

Jared

We will be altering the paint slighty, but still basic black with clear..........We are putting 3 coats of black and 4 of clear............trying to find formula for a slight green metal flake, since my interior is green. A friend of mine has a body shop. and my partner and I from work will be doing the prep. I has absolutely no rust, one or two dings, and that insipid T-Bird roof with the two paralell lines of shadowed clear. She will be done first week of May.

Andrew Good to hear you have time for your own car.

Matt
Since your car is going to be done right befor carlisle how about you make the trip down with the nice new paint and all.

Jason - thanks for reminding me just how busy i'm gonna be for the next little while - LOL!!! J/K! ;)

Matt - no problem. I'm of the assumption that you would like this taken care of before the paint job, correct? IF you can get the body shop time that's cool. Just a heads up......i'm estimating about three to four hours for the 'operation' - trying to cover my butt incase there's a problem.

JR - no sweat. What kind of accomodations do you have? Garage (as in a house garage, not a shop/garage)? One or two car? Also, how many KM on your ride, and what mods (mild, wild)? Would you like to get your parts through Ed, also?

I'm starting to think I should just do a 'Transmission Day' event and do everyone's car at the same time...or do a live/interactive seminar - LOL!!!
"Whatever you do, don't remove that screw and get a trans fliud shower like I just did" HAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry about that Andrew but as I say any time if you need some help or a hand just call me. It's ok I still have a lot to do on my car the Air bags have been a real pain in the AZZ since my car does not have a bump stop I need the bags from a 92-97 car not 89-91 so I had to go fight with CT to take them back and get the right ones. Good thing they were all most free with mt CT money.

I will be doing that one some time soon for some other parts this was money on the card. or I might still be there for the 80$ I used from the card.

Andrew

I would like it done whenever you have the time. The paint job is booked and when I do the tranny is up to you and your schedule.
I appreciate the fact that your willing to take the time to help a poor guy like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A seminar would be a good thing.

Back