header gaskets?

351/408

hey guys,just got a set of headers off ebay that was on a 95 mustang.do i have to put gaskets on or can i leave them off like on the factory manifolds?im going to try and attach a pic of them and see if you guys think that they are factory or aftermarket cause i seen a set off a 99 stang and the looked like junk(real restrictive)compared to these.the mod to the drivers side header will be easy.im not going to grind on the flange or dent the heck out of it.just going to cut a v section out of it and weld it back together to pull it closer to block and away from the steering shaft.let me know,thanks

headers

nice find. How much did you pay for them? I don't think you will need gaskets for them. They look like they have the same flange as the factory ones. But I could be wrong. Just trying to help.

The Felpro gaskets are really nice. I'd use them. They are steel shim with graphite on both sides. Also the opening is round like the headers, not wierd shaped like the head.

hey dave,thanks for the reply.do you mean the felpros for a mustang or sc?also do you think these headers are factory?also hows the ohio meet and things going?thanks,chris

Those are factory 95 Mustang headers and you will want to ask for the Felpro gaskets for a 95 Mustang.

I'll be sending an email out shortly.

You need to cut off the drivers side collector and extend it 3" to clear the steering shaft. Don't rotate the collector just make it longer. Then heat up your extension piece with a torch and dent the area slightly for some additional clearance for the steering shaft.

header.JPG

Jerry

I just noticed that the middle primary on the drivers side has a what looks to be a dent. I don't remember mine having that. I would look for another drivers side before doing the mod.

Jerry

I have the MAC headers similar to the ones pictured, and they should NOT have that dent in the drivers side middle primary tube. Also, the cutting a "V" and welding it up is the way to go, that's what I did after wasting a lot of time putting a big dent in the collector and still having it not fit. BTW you don't really need to cut a "V", just cut about halfway through each primary right up by the flange, and bend the cut closed. Depending on the thickness of your cutting wheel it will probably be enough of a bend.

Oh, and I used the standard Felpro exhaust gaskets for the SC, not the Mustang ones. No fitment problems or leaks.

What are the benifits of going with the Mustang headers (MAC Shorties) than staying with the stock ones... and yeah... i'm a noobie at this stuff :eek:

Cheers,
Luke

Back