All this back pressure and no where to go

forcefed95sc

Until now. Just got back and installed my Flowmaster system with downtubes and high flow cats. If you guys ave heard Vernon's 91SC, its souds like that but muffled. And it is even quite in the car. I am really impressed. Its about time I took care of all he back pressure I had with 16psi of boost. Now I need to reseat the intercooler, I think I need to clean the gaskets and rebolt it up.

Mind me asking what all it cost? Was the system built by someone local or you bought a kit? What size down tubes etc?

I am about ready to take a car in for that and just want to compare. If you don't mind.

Doug Franklin said:
Mind me asking what all it cost? Was the system built by someone local or you bought a kit? What size down tubes etc?

I am about ready to take a car in for that and just want to compare. If you don't mind.

I did a swap with someone getting rid of it. I believe the downtubes are 2.50" running through everything except the back which I believe the back is 2.25". I will try and get some pics posted up.

I hit up a buddy who had a connection and owed me a favor. He made a call and he got it put on. Took the guy 1.5 hours to do it.

FearThis SC said:
Boost Level was 16psi before, correct?

What is your Boost level now after the exhaust?

Calvin

Boost WAS at 16psi. I tried to get on it last night but it started bucking @ 13psi again. I believe that my intercooler was not quit sealed up after I had to put the radiator in. At lunch today I took out the intercooler and cleaned all the gaskets (Tbirdd88 gaskets) and reinstalled it. Hit the pedal a few good times and no bucking. Will know more on the drive home. I do know that acceleration is alot better. I no longer have to give it 5 pounds of boost to make it feel like it is moving.

Doug Franklin said:
Are your 2.5 downtubes hooked to the stock manifolds?

Yes everything bolted right up. Hooked them up to the stock manifolds. Like I said they mybe 2.5". I didn't have time to measure it.

Just wondered since Wynn Carter's down tubes are 2.25. So I always wondered if 2.5 would fit. Because after 2.25s I am going into 2.5. I bet Wynn looked at 2.5 but don't know.

Back