blown engine

93XR7

has anyone ever had this problem or even heard of it? a month ago i bought an 89 sc with 109*** miles from a kid who blew it up doing a power brake burnout. the valve covers blew apart. he replaced the covers but did it again. it doesnt knock and will only run if you give it some gas but seems to backfire through the valve covers. i am gonna tear it down next weekend and was wondering what i should expect to find. any suggestions?

Sounds like one of the rockers isn't opening a valve or a valve is stuck open. Could be a major mess or it could be a pretty easy fix.

BTW, I've never heard of blowing the valve covers off...Sorry if this sounds harsh, but the guy you bought the car from wasn't very bright if he thought putting new valve covers on was going to fix the problem.

David

yeah, this kid demolished the car, he punched out the window and kicked the heck out of the front bumper cover till it broke off just b/c it wouldnt run. the valve covers blew into a bunch of peices. where could i find some more?

Back