Help this weekend?

Steve Richards

SCCoA Member
Hi Guys,
At the rate Tom is going at, it may be several months before I get my engine for the 1989 SC.

I miss driving an SC and as a result, acquired a 1990 5 speed that requires some TLC to get it back on the road.

The mechanic said it needs injectors, a starter, and a crank sensor. As well, I plan to swap the e-brake, hood, header panel, driver door, and rear bumper cover and a few other things, time permitting, this weekend. I've been accumulated the big parts but need a list of "hardware" required to bolt this stuff up.

Andrew Vengust has graciously offered to help. Anyone else willing to help will be most welcome.

It's an east end job, Stouffville. Just let me know.

Thanks guys.

Steve,

I'm sorry, but with being out of town all week, I can't justify the time away from Alecia and the kiddies. I hope that some of the other guys will step out to help you with getting that '90 on the road.

Regards,

Sean

SeanMatteson said:
Steve,

I'm sorry, but with being out of town all week, I can't justify the time away from Alecia and the kiddies. I hope that some of the other guys will step out to help you with getting that '90 on the road.

Regards,

Sean

Sean...wife...kids...naaaahhhh! :D

Steve, I saw your engine last week :D Man that block looks sweet!!!!! They painted it or something, looks all smooth and stuff the block, very cool.

Steve, sorry man, I'm ahh, err, occupied this weekend to use a pc term. You know I would be in like a dirty shirt otherwise I WANT YOU BACK ON THE ROAD in something that resembles an SC.

Les, Jason and Sean:

No problem. Some of the things are not too technical and are just time consuming. If Andrew can help me with the crank sensor, starter, and driver's door, I'll probably be ok with the other items.

The wiper arms and hood were a bugger to remove but eventually managed to get them off last night. The wiper arm retainers were badly mangled and the bolts holding the hood had stripped heads.

It's also giving me a chance to spend a little more time with my dad as I've got him helping out.

Back