Early & Late rads from Radiator Express???

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
I've searched about radiators and i think im going to go with the brass one by Radiator Express. I want to verify the info posted in a different thread by "35th T-bird SC":

" I just heard back from radiator express and the ones they sell on e-bay for $145 are w/o brackets but they will sell the one with brackets for $20 more if you call. That's $165 with brackets and that's the best price I've seen."

Is this still correct?

Also, to sum it all up...if an early style (89-93) sc wants to replace their radiator with one from radiator express they will have to buy the ones with the bracket already attached to it (as they are welded on the stock one and cannot be removed).

If anybody with the 94-95 sc's with the factory plastic tanks wants to buy a replacement from radiators express they can get the ones w/o the brackets and are able to remove the brackets from their old ones correct?

I have one from them, it's very nice. Looks like stock. Everything like I said before should be the same, just call them and tell them you want the bracket for $20 more or you will get it without the bracket.

Thanx for your reply 35th, now as i posted on top, i assume that since you have the early style...you needed to get their rad with the bracket. So, i guess im safe just getting the rad alone and use the old brackets from the rad on my 94 and use them on the new core. sweet, thanx man!

Great seller...

Definitely go with Rad. Express. Got an all metal CSF radiator direct from them for 180 (w/shipping and the IC bracket). Great service and the radiator was at my door in 2 days. Go with them.

Don't know about whether or not you can transfer the bracket. I read something about it when I bought it for my 93 and figured I'd rather just pay the 20 bucks and get it attached.

Brian

BTW I think the only SC's that didn't have plastic tanks were select 89 or 90 models.

Back