need advice on cleaning engine parts

Brad94SC

Im hoping someone has some tips and tricks on removing all traces of the old gasket material on the engine block/heads/intake etc. Ive been scrubbin with acetone all night with some degree of success, but what a pain in the @$$

maybe someone who has gone thru this before can suggest something a little more user friendly??

thanks!

Brad, lol.....I didn't see you post on the SCCoWC board!

All I've been using so far is brake clean (just the normal stuff, not the so-called professional strength) and a rag, maybe a green scotch brite if it's really not coming off. Careful doing this if it's on a painted surface that you want to be seen. Be sure to carefully scrape (using a gasket scraper or a single edged razor) off whatever you can so it's easier.

Fire me an email if you need a hand with anything there, I'll help with whatever I can.

Permatex makes gaskit remover spray. Item 80646. It works really good on stiff or old harded gaskits. It softens then up and you can scrap it right off.

i use amway scrub buds they are like a stainless steel brillo pad and they have no sharp edges to scratch drill and wire wheel works good 2

thanks for all the help and advice

picked up some of the permatex gasket remover spray and it works great !!!! much much easier!!

aiming for a sunday evening drive in my bird...... :D

Back