Tell Ford we need this

1QuikV6

Tell Ford we need this truck to blow the doors off of the SSR.

377320_3_full.jpg

377320_5_full.jpg

377320_12_full.jpg
I see NOS plumbing! This guy must be insane using a 150 shot.
Plus Americans can do more with the Aussie 5.0 anyway and we deserve it more :D

Last edited:
The SSR is not that fast. I ran against one the other day on the hwy (ahem... a closed road course) and blew his doors off. I even let him start with the run. He got next to me at the light and was very inquisitive of my car. He made some comment about how he didnt have enough room to get a good run on me. I asked him if he had a manual tranny he said yeah and the conversation was over.

SSRs dont have a manual tranny option...All of them are autos that dont even have a sport shift mode.

No, what we really need is one of those

Ford Falcons, the V8 supercars... yeah, that would be cool...

jOe - FRIGID

I wouldn't be caught dead in one of those. They're ugly as hell. Coil packs on a 5.0? Reminds me of the Explorer engine, and that intake reminds me of the GT-40 intake...

Yea, I do. Historically, the 5.0 came with a distributor, it wasn't until the mid-90's that it got the coil packs in the Explorer.

Yup, moms got em on her 97 Mountaineer. Expensive as hell to replace too and theyre FAR from water proof or corrosion proof. I dont see why they didnt use as distributor. i still dont get the whole concept of a coil pack over a distributor to begin with.

Well, from what I can understand, Ford is producing coil packs for all of their vehicles (Mustang, T-Bird, etc) pretty much from 96 on... Why produce a distributor for one specific type of vehicle?

1QuikV6 said:
Tell Ford we need this truck to blow the doors off of the SSR.

377320_3_full.jpg

377320_5_full.jpg

377320_12_full.jpg
I see NOS plumbing! This guy must be insane using a 150 shot.
Plus Americans can do more with the Aussie 5.0 anyway and we deserve it more :D

that looks alot like the holden.

The reason behind coil packs is for saturation. Since there are four coils for a v-8 there the saturation time is longer, thus a better spark.

Chris

Back