Bilsteins vs cobra 03 bilsteins

turbospeed

well im about getting a pair of front bilsteins , my question is if i use the cobra 03 convt or coupe rear shocks ; will i get softer or stiffer valving on the rear?? wich one will be better with the bilstein in case i cant get the thunderbird ones.?

hey i have a set of new rear bilsteins for the birds. Wanna buy my set...i decided to go with other shocks.

A few of the SCCoO guys have tried the 03 Cobra coupe rear Bilsteins with their T-Bird fronts ... definitely stiffer valving in the Cobra shocks. We are going to try the convert. shocks this spring in at least one person's car, to see how the valving matches up. The Cobra vert. springs are 100 lbs./inch softer than the coupe springs.

cheers,
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

So 03 cobra shocks will work in our cars except that they have different valving. Will any other year cobra shocks work? How about the QA1 shocks for cobras, would these help at all for lauching our cars since they are more of a drag shock.

Any shocks made for the rear of a 99 - 04 Cobra can be made to bolt on the IRS of our cars. Not sure if anyone has tried the QA1 shocks ... might be worth a go.

cheers,
Ed N.

Does anyone know where is the cheapest place to find cobra shocks or the aftermarket adjustable ones? Also will the front cobra shocks work or are they completely different?

Cobras still have strut front ends, completely different units. The rear shocks are cheap from Ford, so try Dan Newman at Joe Cooper Ford, or somewhere else similar that sells at wholesale to the public. They should only be about $50 US or less.

cheers,
Ed N.

Back