engine shaking and idleing high WTF!!!

thundercougar

Today when I stoped at work, I went inside and my boss told me to move my car up front to show that we were still open cause some people hesitate to comeing if there isnt a car parked infront, cause our open sign is broke,

I went back to my car and started it up and put it in reverse, and it shaked really bad. Its also been idleing high for about a month, but it runs cool, and it has great oil pressure, What could be the problem?

From your description it sounds like the shaking you were experiencing was the common 'warm start' syndrome that many have experienced. This occurs when the car has been restarted within about 30 minutes of shutdown, before it has cooled significantly. It stutters, shakes, every once in a while dies, but is harmless.

As for your high idle, is it around 2k rpm and do you also have a goose honking type sound at shutdown? If so, you likely have a bad idle air control valve.

Any other symptoms you have been experiencing with your car?

Hope that helps..

I second that pesky IAC problem, IF you are getting funny noises upon shutting off the car..think it is heard easier if you are running a K&N air filter....

Back