injecyion and idle problem

Hector Davila

Ok, i removed my SC and tubes to port SC and pouder coat along with tubes, replaced intake man. gaskets . before i put every thing back i checked my injectors and found 3 injectors that were broken , i needed the car runing soon so i put 3 injectors i had that were the same presure acording to ford' parts dep. Now after i put everything together it sounds like its not runing on all cillynders at idle if i turn the engine off then start it again it goes away, then the idle goes up and down for a few minutes. After that RPM's go down it does the idle problem again. Eny help please?.:(

The first most logical thing to check for is the simplest.. a vacuum leak. It would cause almost these same symptoms, and it would be very easy to create. How did you reseal the IC tubes?

Use some starting fluid or similar combustible around all vacuum hose joints and listen for high revs. If you here this, there is a leak in that area.

Also, how were the plugs? If there were bad injectors, perhaps it ran rich or lean and damaged the plugs?

Hopefully its only a vac leak..Goodluck!

What did you use to seal up the IC Tubes?
Did you remove the DIS Module? If so, did you use the approriate heat transfer compund underneath it?
When you had everything apart, did you "Clean" out the Idle Air Control Valve (IAC)?

I checked for leaks fond broken plastic hose , fixed , now i still have missing problem . code 91. o2s not switching left side lean the same side i put the freekingn injectors. This time i'll make sure i buy new. Thank you guys for your help!.

BobGPz said:
When you had everything apart, did you "Clean" out the Idle Air Control Valve (IAC)?

????????
I got phantom O2 codes, and thought I had a stuck open injector on mine. Turned out to be a bad IAC. Might check it out before spending $300 for 3 injectors...

Back