PDA

View Full Version : Dave-Rob

GONE14S
08-05-2001, 04:40 PM
Dave,
Checked your car out this morning. Pulled the inspection covers on the trans. Not good my friend, not good!
Nothing but clutch disk dust all over the place(ie: clutch is toast). Sorry I was hoping I might find some thing that could be fixed, with out ripping it all apart. Your car is right where I can see it from the window of the house, so don't worry about her. I'm not going to let any thing happen to her, shes safe! I'm going to check options to get your car to you when your ready. E-mail me when your ready.
Rob,
Your a boob. jk! you got away before Dave tryed to move his car. As you know we got lucky and got it to fire again. What we all didn't know was it wasn't going any where. So we had to tow it to my place last nite at about 12:30 am. The track kept the gates open till we could find a tow rope, they where really cool about waiting for us. We couldn't find a rope, so the track owner lent us one.
Got the car to my place, then I took Dave home to San Jose. That was a long nite. You sould have stuck around the nite was just getting started when you left. You know I'm just ribbing Ya right. I know when Daves car refired we all thought it was fine. All in all there sure was a lot of cars there last nite(damned ricers). Well be good talk to ya all a little later...
Kurt Sr

2TonSuperChicken
08-05-2001, 06:12 PM
What happened to David's car?? Hey and if I had known earlier then saturday evening what was happening in Sac town I would have maybe gone out there too, oh well....

Nathan

Rob Noth
08-06-2001, 03:00 AM
Shoot, I could have helped by "donating" a free AAA tow. I figured everything was A-OK after it fired back up. Let's hope we all have better luck next time at the track!

Nathan, you missed all the fun! Actually it wasn't such a lucky night... David's car died on his last run, and wouldn't start. Then Kurt figured out the inertia switch had tripped, after resetting that it started. That's when I left. Then apparently they found the clutch was fried too. My car was having problems too, first I was about 2 tenths faster but 4mph slower than last time. Then I boiled over and blew coolant all over the engine compartment. The car didn't actually heat up at all, but my radiator cap was not holding the proper pressure. I got a new cap today and it's working fine now. But I missed out on making some runs on a "rare" cool Sacramento night!

Rob

Aaron Pedroza
08-06-2001, 10:18 AM
That's a bummer. Sorry to hear about Dave's car. If I could have made it I would have saved you a lot of driving time Kurt. He's not to far from me.

GONE14S
08-06-2001, 07:30 PM
Its cool. I was just ribbing Rob a bit, he did need to get going, we didn't even try to move the car after we got it running . The biggest thing now is to get his car back to him so we can get him back on the road. I'm sure its bugging him that his baby is sitting here with me. If it was my car it would drive me nutts too.
This is the kind of thing that scares me when people want a meet to do some racing out of town. With out the help of your friends your basicly screwed.
Kurt Sr

SupraTurboLady
08-06-2001, 09:49 PM
All in all, was pretty neat to see some sc's run. At one point both Rob and Dave ran with each other - was something to see them going down the track together.

I am hoping to see more that "3" sc's at the track next time though! Running or just looking pretty in the lot. So, can you gentelmen make my "dream" come true? ;)

Getting pretty bad at the track when mostly "ricers" show. Please don't make me have to run mine!

Wendy
(Mrs. Gone14s)

Aaron Pedroza
08-06-2001, 10:10 PM
Mines starting to run better. Got the alcohol a little more dialed in today. It was running to rich and bogging the car down. I put the smallest injector in it now and seems to be working good. Pretty hot day so it was a good day to test if it is getting rid of my pinging, it is. I still have a few more runs to make until it is dialed in but I was risking to much running my "track" three times in a row. To many cops around for that. Now that I have the fuel kind of figured out I should run better. Slowly but shirley I'll catch up to you Supralady.

SupraTurboLady
08-06-2001, 10:56 PM
Most of the RICERS where running mid 13teens to mid 12s.
Looked like a ricer fest. The musle car looked like the forgiener and that sucked!!! I think we ended up laughing at a few of them trying to get off the line and the c---p they where talking. Some others would send you packing with your tail between your leggs.
Kurt Sr
Opppssss.... For got to change the ezboard!!!!! ;)