Gaskets

lazybird4pt6

Where on earth can I find a place that sells gasket PAPER???

For those of you who don't know wtf i'm talking about.....they used to sell kits with 'gasket paper'. It was a sheet of paper, kinda like construction paper, but stronger. These sheets were about 0.025" thick. You could use these to cut out the exact shape a gasket needed when one wasn't the right size.

Anyone?

Please and thanks in advance.

Andrew,

I'm pretty sure I've seen this stuff at CTC and PartSource. It's available in a number of different sizes, thicknesses and materials. If not, I believe that most specialty automotive supply shops will carry gasket making materials.

...Now if I could just remember which section of CTC I've seen it in! ;)

Good luck!

Cheers,

Sean

I know!!! It's with the air fresheners!!!:D

CTC? Really. I'll check it out. Thanks, Sean.

And here I thought i'd get a half dozen posts telling me to use RTV - LOL!!!

CTC has it in the section with the radiator stuff (thermostats, coolant, etc). They sell the paper gasket maker material (permatex or fel-pro brand), also available from other store like home depot, home hardware, etc, in the plumbing section there are other gasker material. You can buy a multi pack that has various different materials and thicknesses of gasket paper.

Sabby got it right on thats where you find it. some stores kept it in the back since that stuff can find it's way out of the store in pockets vary easily.

Thanks guys!!!!!

Steve - RTV on TB is OK. Look at how many guys use it on the connections after the blower with no major problems.;) Just makes for a little more PITA factor when removing.

you should really try to use gaskets on the negative pressure side of the intake, rtv cuold be pulled through the blower, probably wouldn't do to much to it but better to avoid that stuff.

Back