Need help Identifying Connector

Thomas A

I'm in the process of installing my new dash in my 1993 SC and I have connector that doesn't have a home. It comes from somewhere in the middle of the dash, and is a 20 pin connector. I verified that it doesn't go to the climate control, antanea switch, rear defrost switch, or cig. lighter. The car didn't have premium sound or the seperate CD player. I've been all through my EVTM and can't figure it out. Here are the wire colors as best as I could see them:

Grey
Yellow
Black (x3)
Green/White
Lt. Blue
Lt. Blue/Red
White/Pink
Purple/Orange (x2)
Green/Purple
Pink/Yellow

Thomas

Attachments

• connector.jpg
    connector.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 231
It's probably for an optional CD player. I think all cars had the wiring but not the CD player and if you wanted to go back to Ford and buy one you could just plug it in.

The car wasn't equiped with a VMM, but as Alex said, perhaps the wiring was there anyway. I'll check the pinouts of those two components. I appreciate the replies.

Thomas

EDIT: CougarSC had it right!! I checked the pinout on the VMM and that appears to be what it is. Looks like I have everything hooked up that should be. Thanks for the help!!!!

Last edited:
That's the connector for the VMM

Geez, it's nice to have a CD shop manual with the EVTM on it!!

Oh, well-he beat me to it!!:D

evtm

where do you guys get these evtm-anyone wanna copy the cd for me and ill pay to ship and whatever-? i need one for a 94 sc auto and 93 lx auto-thanks, mike

evtm

Charkly said:
where do you guys get these evtm-anyone wanna copy the cd for me and ill pay to ship and whatever-? i need one for a 94 sc auto and 93 lx auto-thanks, mike

Yeah, one of those would be great to have for my 91SC too. :D

David

new forum

we should have a new forum called "hook a brotha up" lol

where if you have info or parts you can give away easily or dont care about-you offer it to the confused or poor. lol

seems to me once one guy buys a manual on cd theres no reason we all cant have it-lol.

mike

ford cd

I got the ford/lincoln/merc dealer repair cd for the 1995 model year. If you wanna copy, let me know. It covers all fords, and I've even used it for earlier and later model vehicles as well. With ford, not much changes from year to year.

I've got the 93/94 Ford CD with the EVTM and diagnostics along with the shop manual-send me your addresses via email and I'll send you copies.

Pearl-I'd like a copy of your 95 repair CD.

Birdman93:
Tony, any luck getting that burner going? I am stumped on a electrical problem and the CD sure would be helpfull.

Bruce

The car is sitting in the garage with all the seats and carpeting pulled. I have made progress, but at a stand still now. Thanks much.

Back