Rubber hose for EGR tube

Thundersteel

My EGR tube has a large crack in it. I've read that it is possible to use silicone hose for the EGR tube.

I've been to several auto parts stores (AutoZone, Advance, Car Quest, etc.) and asked for some hi-temp silicone hose. They had no idea what I was talking about.

What type of hose do I need to get? Any ideas?

Thanx for your help.

You should be able to pick one up at the dealer for about $10. Ford sells a couple of cut-to-fit hoses in the various diameters.

cheers,
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Shops that handle supplies for turbo chargers may be a better place to try because Ford charged me $48.CDN and change for that 7" piece of hose. From what I've seen since shelling out to Ford, was that it is sold based on size and temperature rating. If I find the link, I'll post it back. Good luck

Eric - if you run into problems, I have the 2 hoses (used) off the set of headers I bought on e-bay. I'm having the headers ported, so I was just keeping the EGR tube, hoses, etc for spares.
Jim.

EGR Tube

Joisey Jim,

Woiuld you be willing to sell me the steel EGR tube, as that is really what I need. I was hoping to use the rubber hose as a semi-permanent fix for my cracked one (the metal tube itself). But if I can get a replacement tube, I'd rather have that. Let me know.

Eric

Sorry Eric - I'm going to hang on to that for the moment until I get my new ported manifolds on. I can see from the corrosion on the spare one, that it's going to be an SOB job to get the old EGR tube off without damage. If you are successful with a temp. hose fix for a while, then it may be available later. However, have you considered using an exhaust bandage or high temperature foil wrap?
Good luck,
Jim.

Back